question about wheel offset

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dansace

I am looking for some 16 maybe 17 inch wheels for my 93 cx. I also have a 92 lx with 17's and they sit flush with the fenders with a +40 offset. I am planning on lowering the cx 2-2.5 inches and want a wheel that will tuck inside the fenders-So my question is what offset will I need to accomplish this. Any feedback is appreciated.

offset is effected by the width of the wheel, not the diameter.

and please don't get 17s for the love of god

Do I need to get a +42 to set in a little? I am probably going to go with some 16 inch slips but not sure yet.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 7 2005, 06:27 AM
offset is effected by the width of the wheel, not the diameter.

[post=442489]Quoted post[/post]​

HEY, why not?, i thought of going with 17's is to go with a big brake kit with 12" rotors. just my2cents

17'S are fine. but a 205/40 tire fucking blows.

if you could run a 17x9 or 17x10 and a 245/45 tire, then i would be all for it. but have a 205/40 tire on ANY size rim just sucks for traction and handeling.

slips come in 16x7, and +38 or +42
so you really don't have huge options here.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 7 2005, 09:27 AM
[post=442489]Quoted post[/post]​

:bo: :bo:

a friend of mine had 215/35/18s on his '02 Si- even with stock suspension it rode like a friggin stagecoach. After bending/breaking 3 wheels all on seperate occasions from potholes/misc road hazards , he decided to go with a little better tire size

Back