1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

:question:Bout to swap my ef 4 door need peoples opinions

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by skellagher, Jul 31, 2009.

1. skellagher

skellagher Elder Driver

Bout to swap my ef 4 door need peoples opinions

Bout to swap my ef 4 door need peoples opinions... should i do a d16z6 or D15b? my motor is about to go and i cannot afford a full swap so i must retain my L3 trans but i can spare the money to do obd0 to 1 cause i already have a p28 ecu. and when i get either motor and go obd1 can i keep my 88-91 si intake injectors and all? i just want the easiest swap possible cause i have a 2000 civic dx d16y7 with a L3 DX trans but 88-91 si intake throttle body injectors and ecu. or should i keep it obd-0 and just get a vtec conroller and just use the 88-91 si ecu pm6 i think it is? please help i am very open minded and would like to hear what u guys have to say.

p.s in the future like a year from now or so i wanna ls swap it and boost it. that should be a fun setup when i have the funds but need to tackle my suspension before then. plan on full skunk 2 suspension set up i am INDEED starting a build thread when it all begins. :question:

2. skellagher

skellagher Elder Driver

why is it at anytime u guys never answer my threads i have a serious questions that need to be answered and im looking for you guys opinions.

3. blackEK9B20B

blackEK9B20B New Member

you should keep it obd1 setup less sensors to worry about.

4. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

if your doing a d16z6 then convert to obd1..you will have to go mpfi..so you can actually buy the obd1/mpfi harness all together..you will need a jumper harness to run the p28..

5. skellagher

skellagher Elder Driver

i understand that i am already mpfi swapper hence it already has the si intake injectors and ecu. all i wanna know d15bvtec or d16z6 which is better?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted