QUESTION>> DX/LX Engine Harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ceehris

My Question is...... is a DX and a LX(4door) the same engine harnesses(From Firewall to Engine)? . also do all years of EF dx (or lx if same as dx) civics have the same engine harnesses?
Basically I bought a car and it needs a buncha new wiring to do the swap properly. So I am going to redo the wiring. I know the cabin ecu harness is good still. But I want to redo all the dpfi to mpfi wiring, therefore I need a new engine harness. but if I am going to put a "Want To Buy" thread on a local forum. I need to know all the years and model of civics that I can find the same engine harness as my 1988 civic lx(4door).
thanks i'd appreciate any feedback!

Get a harness from '88-'89 LX. Though, if the wiring is so bad that you can't figure out how it was run you should replace both sides at which point you might as well get the harnesses for the engine you're swapping in.

DX,STD (DPFI) -> Si,HX (MPFI) wiring

you still didnt answer what I am asking though Blanco.

My Question is...... is a DX and a LX(4door) the same engine harnesses(From Firewall to Engine)? . also do all years of EF dx (or lx if same as dx) civics have the same engine harnesses?

I know I should get a 88 or 89 lx harness. but are the 88-89 dx civic harness the same? because I can go to a auto wrecker and rip a harness out. but theres no LX civics there. Just DX

lol hey Blanco. I talked to the guy who did the swap in my car and asked him 100 questions about it. I told him I was doing the proper obd1 conversion with the P28 and he told me thats not the proper way to do it. LOL.
I then sayed well Ive been talking to a buncha ppl on hondaswap and everyone says the same thing. (to convert to obd1, and so on). and he told me well they must be some internet mechanic know it alls. LOL. then I sayed I pretty sure they know what they talking bout. Then he sayed, " Dont blame me when your motor blows up" LOL. then I told him his wiring was a mess and he needs to learn how to proper swaps and shit, especially if he is gonna be running a business that specializes in honda swaps. LOL. Then I told him he should stop working on cars all together, cause he's a butcher. What an idiot.
I found all the parts I need. I got a P28, the obd1 conversion ecu harness, a 4 wire O2 and a obd1 dizzy. So Im going to start doing the wiring once I get this engine harness!

Hahaha, funny. :D

Yeah bro, I did answer you. Sorry if it wasn't more clearly. You need to get an engine harness from the same model of car, '88-'89 and '90-'91 are slightly different as far as wiring and each model is slightly different.

so your saying that the DX and LX harnesses would be different?

Back