question for anyone who is a vegetarian

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zaneithan

how the hell can you justify the killing of plants (LIVING ANIMALS MIND YOU) yet killing other animals like cows or pigs is such a big ass no no

Plants don't have nerve endings and won't scream when you chop off the flowers.

...i'm not a vegetarian, but it's not about the killing, it's about HOW they kill it that gets some people off. My aunt is a vegetarian, my mom said she did a report on the meat industry in High school and hasn't eaten meat since. So I dunno.

Way to waste a thread :thumbsup:

but still, that doesnt mean they arent living, just because they dont scream doesnt mean they arent being slaughtered and eaten by humans

uh ok I never said they weren't being eaten by human, but being slaughtered is a little overkill in the description. They have no conscience, therefore who gives a fuck?

:huh:

I figured I'd be sittin here argueing for about 10 hours...but since you backed off. I win :D

yea im easy to beat and kinda timid on these boards with arguing, not many know me here and i dont wanna rile up any mods or admins

Originally posted by zaneithan@Nov 29 2003, 12:48 AM
i wish i had a 94 GS-R as my winter beat :(

So do I win?? ;) :p

<-------- BTW I'm an omnivore.

Originally posted by zaneithan@Nov 29 2003, 12:48 AM
i wish i had a 94 GS-R as my winter beat :(

lmao so do I.

I wanted a GSR as my main car...only a newer one.

There is an 87 Accord 5 speed for $395 downtown...I want it. :lol:

lol i was looking at really old accords and 1g CRX's on cars.com for 150$, was thinking about buying one for a winter beater

If it's the way that the animals are slaughtered, then why not elk? I hunt with archery, and there is no slaughtering going on, it's more like sitting, and calling them in for hours at a time. with archery the longest shot will be 20 yards, try it some time, try to get a wild animal within 20 yards. I'm not talking about the neighborhood birds, etc..., but real wild animals. It's just as scary for you as it is them...

jeez. come to socal. its got to be the vegan capital of the world! every other person ive met here is a vegetarian. i cant imagine not eating meat.

Originally posted by crxtunerfan@Nov 29 2003, 04:47 AM
jeez. come to socal. its got to be the vegan capital of the world! every other person ive met here is a vegetarian. i cant imagine not eating meat.

A vegan is different from a vegetarian in some ways...

vegetarian= eats no meat
vegan=eats no meat OR any type of animal product (milk, cheese, eggs, etc)

That Moby guy is a Vegan. eats nothing but plants, vegetables, and fruits.

Keep in mind some people like myself are vegitarians for the health reasons, not because you might feel bad about killing ol' bessy and eatin her with A1 sauce.

Also have you ever been to a slaughter house, man rent faces of death (if you don't have a farm near you) and check out what they do to those animals. They hang em up by the hind legs, get out a big fuckin machety (sp?) and slice right accross there necks clean thru to the neck bone, and what happens next, the entire innerd of the animal fall to the bloody dirty ass floor and then you get to eat that shit after it's been on the floor with cow shit and all sorts of goodies.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Nov 29 2003, 02:54 PM
Keep in mind some people like myself are vegitarians for the health reasons, not because you might feel bad about killing ol' bessy and eatin her with A1 sauce.

Also have you ever been to a slaughter house, man rent faces of death (if you don't have a farm near you) and check out what they do to those animals. They hang em up by the hind legs, get out a big fuckin machety (sp?) and slice right accross there necks clean thru to the neck bone, and what happens next, the entire innerd of the animal fall to the bloody dirty ass floor and then you get to eat that shit after it's been on the floor with cow shit and all sorts of goodies.

SWEET!!!

After it's been processed and sterilized with an otherwise unhealthy un edible goo, then it gets packaged where I go and buy it and fry it up...No harm no foul. :)

sounds yummy! :p all i know is, ive been fed meat since i was old enough to eat solid food and its never made me sick...knock on wood :D as far as the slaughtering, yes i agree it is very inhumane. they ned to come up with less barbaric methods. but, man has been eating meat since the dinosaur age so i beleive its just natural.

Back