question for anyone who is a vegetarian

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

humans are actually classified as omnivores (we eat plants and meats)

but anyway ... i have no problem with vegitarians (vegans seem a little odd but hey thats their call i guess)..... but i fucking hate it when you get the asshat millitant veg heads that try to convince you that you are wrong for eating whatever you eat... that just pisses me off (its like the religous shitheads that try to convince you that you are wrong for not believing what they believe).... i dont give a fuck if someone wants to live off broccoli and tofu for the rest of their life... YAY for them... its their decision not mine... their eating habbits have no effect on me (untill they try to force their views on me) so i dont give a fuck :shrug2:

B said it best.

I now declare this thread officially dead. someone lock this hizzle.

i was a vegan for about 2 years, it started out as just nothing being a vegetarion for a whole year(bet kinda thing) then when i was talking to one of my female freinds whos a vegan i turned into a vegan and got pretty into it

its not about eating meat, its about the abuse of animals
since nowadays everthing is about money, larger corparations have gotten into farming, its called factory farming, its pretty horible stuf what goes on in factory farms, try checking out factory farming and you can read up on it,

the only reason i really stopped was becaus i started working out alot with my freind ryan and we would always just eat meat becaus its just everywhere and a decent source of protien, to this day i dont really eat alot of meat that would come from factory farming but if its hunted or our familys freinds farms its A OK

i could argue with anyone about this for a long time but the truth is its just about animal abuse, period

p.s. dont be ignorant and think that vegetarions dont egt enough protien, vegetarions and vegans live longer, healthier lives than people eating meat

youre more likely to die in a car accidnet than from eating meat. i dont have anything against vegetarians, i just like arguing with them :p

eat well, stay fit, and die anyway.

what's the point

It's all about moderation. Excess of anything is bad. Milk is meant for babies, we need the calcium but not the fat. Drink 2% milk instead. All those hormones and antibiotics in the beef are bad for us. I try to buy the Coleman's natural beef when I can afford it.

I do have a friend that has been a vegetarian (no meat but fish and seafood is okay) for so long that eating any bit of meat will make him physically sick now. Someone brought him some soup with vegetables but with a beef stock base once and didn't tell him, and he got sick. So no it's not a psychosomatic reaction on his part.

Originally posted by punkyjewster41@Nov 30 2003, 12:30 PM
plus if I didnt eat meat where would I get my protein and you know, stuff that only comes in meat.

Aaahhh ignorance....

Beans, nuts, cheese, eggs, soy anything. There are lots of sources of protein that are not meat. There are plenty of ways to meet all of you dietary needs as a vegetarian. I do not encourage anyone to change their dietary habits (for health, ethics, or otherwise) but I can't stand the spread of misinformation.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Dec 1 2003, 02:53 PM
...but I can't stand the spread of misinformation.

I think it interesting how misinformation always spreads easier and faster than the truth... in most things. :huh:

Funny bumpersticker on a Jeep I saw today:

"If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat"

-> Steve

-> Steve

Originally posted by lsvtec+Dec 1 2003, 02:53 PM-->
punkyjewster41
@Nov 30 2003, 12:30 PM
plus if I didnt eat meat where would I get my protein and you know, stuff that only comes in meat.

Aaahhh ignorance....

Beans, nuts, cheese, eggs, soy anything. There are lots of sources of protein that are not meat. There are plenty of ways to meet all of you dietary needs as a vegetarian. I do not encourage anyone to change their dietary habits (for health, ethics, or otherwise) but I can't stand the spread of misinformation.

Sorry i never paid that much attention in health, all hail lsvtec the raining god of nutrition facts. :worthy: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by punkyjewster41@Dec 2 2003, 01:00 AM
Sorry i never paid that much attention in health, all hail lsvtec the raining god of nutrition facts. :worthy: :rolleyes:

Why the :rolleyes:? He's not asking you to change your eating habits. But when you are young, you can eat anything you want to. Eventually, your metabolism slows now and the bad habits will catch up to you. That's just another fact of life. A well taken care of body will last for many many decades.

Hey, so does anyone else find Extreme Makeovers really depressing? Especially the last one where the guy finally lost a whole bunch of weight, but needed plastic surgery to remove all the excess skin folds around his body. And his wife stayed fat... :(

Originally posted by Celerity@Dec 1 2003, 11:23 PM

-> Steve

Then we should all eat humans too. Help out with overpopulation. :ph34r: :D

Originally posted by lsvtec+Dec 2 2003, 03:06 PM-->
@Dec 1 2003, 11:23 PM

-> Steve

The history of barbecueing is rumored to be for the hardest of all red meats to cook. human. Think of that next time you fire up the grill lol.

Originally posted by mikesphat+Dec 2 2003, 03:12 PM-->
Originally posted by lsvtec@Dec 2 2003, 03:06 PM
Celerity
@Dec 1 2003, 11:23 PM

-> Steve

The history of barbecueing is rumored to be for the hardest of all red meats to cook. human. Think of that next time you fire up the grill lol.

actually humans are more similar to pork than beef
humans (like pork) have most of their fat located in a layer between the muscle and the skin... as opposed to beef and lamb, which are heavily "marbled" meats with a lot of intramuscular fat

so people = the OTHER other white meat :)

wut you dont barbecue pork? i said nothing about human meat being similar to this or that. because ive never eaten it. and as far as ive seen it is red right??

Originally posted by mikesphat@Dec 2 2003, 03:12 PM
The history of barbecueing is rumored to be for the hardest of all red meats to cook. human.

red meat = beef, lamb

white meat = chicken, pork

all i was doing was clarifying that humans are white meat not red meat

Back