1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question For The Honda Tech's...

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by dohcvtec_accord, Mar 25, 2003.

1. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Hey, I've got a question for anyone who works at a repair shop that services Hondas.

I know someone who wants to buy an Odyssey (no it's not me :p ), and he wants to know what, if anything, most Odyssey's are being serviced for. Problems, weird shit happening, etc. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. hybrid89

hybrid89 thistownsucks...

I don't work for Honda or an actual shop, but I DO work on alot of Honda's and from what I've been told, the biggest problem are the tranmissions being the weak link in the entire drive train. Just food for thought.

3. dohcvtec_accord

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

http://www.odyclub.com

That's my girlfriend's dad's co-worker's site. He's also an SE-R junkie that worked on my old roommate's car once or twice... I think Jim Fancher is his name. Check it out.

5. dohcvtec_accord

6. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

Odyssey's are the best minivan from what I hear, but that weak tranny is probably an issue. Probably less of one unless your stomping on the thing to get the kids to soccer practice. :p

7. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

The problem more is on the 2002+ models when they swiched to the 3.5 from the 3.2 liter and 5 from 4 speed. What happens in metal shavings build up in the tranny then the fluid passages get clugged. Then what happens is you will be driving down the road then the car will just down shift from like 4th to 2nd making your engine slow you down and almost rear ended. Honda extended the warranty on the tranny untill 100k miles (on the entire second generation and alot of other v6 automatic H/A cars). Also, if you get the EX (the newer ones) the power sliding doors sometimes have small problems, nothing real big. Other than that, that mini van rocks. My parents have an 2000 and we are having small electrical problems. We are taking it to the dealler within the week to figure it out.

8. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

talk to wild bill - hes a honda tech

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted