Question For The Honda Tech's...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohcvtec_accord

WRX Sellout
Hey, I've got a question for anyone who works at a repair shop that services Hondas.

I know someone who wants to buy an Odyssey (no it's not me :p ), and he wants to know what, if anything, most Odyssey's are being serviced for. Problems, weird shit happening, etc. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I don't work for Honda or an actual shop, but I DO work on alot of Honda's and from what I've been told, the biggest problem are the tranmissions being the weak link in the entire drive train. Just food for thought.

http://www.odyclub.com

That's my girlfriend's dad's co-worker's site. He's also an SE-R junkie that worked on my old roommate's car once or twice... I think Jim Fancher is his name. Check it out.

Odyssey's are the best minivan from what I hear, but that weak tranny is probably an issue. Probably less of one unless your stomping on the thing to get the kids to soccer practice. :p

The problem more is on the 2002+ models when they swiched to the 3.5 from the 3.2 liter and 5 from 4 speed. What happens in metal shavings build up in the tranny then the fluid passages get clugged. Then what happens is you will be driving down the road then the car will just down shift from like 4th to 2nd making your engine slow you down and almost rear ended. Honda extended the warranty on the tranny untill 100k miles (on the entire second generation and alot of other v6 automatic H/A cars). Also, if you get the EX (the newer ones) the power sliding doors sometimes have small problems, nothing real big. Other than that, that mini van rocks. My parents have an 2000 and we are having small electrical problems. We are taking it to the dealler within the week to figure it out.

Back