1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for you audiophiles.....

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by adnoh, Feb 1, 2005.

1. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

Hey guys and gals,

Don't know if anyone here is into this sort of stuff, but I thought I'd ask.

I just picked up a freekin killer software studio set up ..... Including:
    1) Ableton Live 4.0.4
    2) Native Instruments - Absynth 3.0
    3) Native instruments - Kontakt 1.5
    4) Native Instruments - Reaktor 4.0

so that's like.......$2000US

My question is..........

I'm looking for a really Dirty analog-style software synth to do some screamin Jungle midlines....... If anyone knows the Access Virus B....well, like that one....but software (that does not require Powercore plugin).

Any companies I should be looking at? Any free VSTi's out there that are close to what I'm looking for?

Thanks.

2. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

Simply because I really didn't need the versitility that a costly protools setup would offer. For D&B, techno, trance ect. Majority of the time you are working with loops, in the digital domain, which Live enables me to do. Live is nothing like Acid though. Acid is a piece of crap.
    Even if I went with the small M-Box/Protools LE setup, I would still be in the same predicament that I'm in now.....finding a good analog style synth. Live, like pro tools, is simply a sequencer, a place to arrange songs.
    I also chose live because of the implementation of VSTi's (all my NI plugins) and it's real-time time-stretching capabilities. Cool shit.

3. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

Bittorrent is your friend. Go get them all for free.

4. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

Pro Tools is not a synth its a recording program. Check out Reason 2.5,
    I bet it will have what you are looking for and its a great program.

5. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

I have been using Reason since it came out as version 0.5 Beta. In all honesty, it is a cool little program to write in, but is plagued with horrible sound and crappy effects. I pushed the limits of that program long ago...unfortunately. Thats why I'm going for professional stuff now. I've cut a few of my tracks to dubplate that were created in Reason, and it's just not worth throwing away the $80/plate anymore. Thanks anyway though.....I didn't think anyone would even reply to this.

Anyways, I found one after searching a bunch of sites, forums...took me a while. For anyone who is interested, it's by a company called REFX, and it's named "Vanguard". www.refx.com I'll see how it sounds.

Peace.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted