Question for you audiophiles.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

Hey guys and gals,

Don't know if anyone here is into this sort of stuff, but I thought I'd ask.

I just picked up a freekin killer software studio set up ..... Including:
1) Ableton Live 4.0.4
2) Native Instruments - Absynth 3.0
3) Native instruments - Kontakt 1.5
4) Native Instruments - Reaktor 4.0

so that's like.......$2000US

My question is..........

I'm looking for a really Dirty analog-style software synth to do some screamin Jungle midlines....... If anyone knows the Access Virus B....well, like that one....but software (that does not require Powercore plugin).

Any companies I should be looking at? Any free VSTi's out there that are close to what I'm looking for?

Thanks.

Simply because I really didn't need the versitility that a costly protools setup would offer. For D&B, techno, trance ect. Majority of the time you are working with loops, in the digital domain, which Live enables me to do. Live is nothing like Acid though. Acid is a piece of crap.
Even if I went with the small M-Box/Protools LE setup, I would still be in the same predicament that I'm in now.....finding a good analog style synth. Live, like pro tools, is simply a sequencer, a place to arrange songs.
I also chose live because of the implementation of VSTi's (all my NI plugins) and it's real-time time-stretching capabilities. Cool shit.

Originally posted by Blanco@Feb 1 2005, 10:35 AM
Just out of curiosity, why didn't you buy the industry standard, Pro Tools?
[post=454512]Quoted post[/post]​

Pro Tools is not a synth its a recording program. Check out Reason 2.5,
I bet it will have what you are looking for and its a great program.

Originally posted by ktanaka+Feb 1 2005, 08:12 PM-->
Bittorrent is your friend. Go get them all for free.
[post=454788]Quoted post[/post]​
:ph34r: I know.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Feb 1 2005, 10:06 PM
Blanco
@Feb 1 2005, 10:35 AM
Just out of curiosity, why didn't you buy the industry standard, Pro Tools?
[post=454512]Quoted post[/post]​

Pro Tools is not a synth its a recording program. Check out Reason 2.5,
I bet it will have what you are looking for and its a great program.
[post=454842]Quoted post[/post]​

I have been using Reason since it came out as version 0.5 Beta. In all honesty, it is a cool little program to write in, but is plagued with horrible sound and crappy effects. I pushed the limits of that program long ago...unfortunately. Thats why I'm going for professional stuff now. I've cut a few of my tracks to dubplate that were created in Reason, and it's just not worth throwing away the $80/plate anymore. Thanks anyway though.....I didn't think anyone would even reply to this.

Anyways, I found one after searching a bunch of sites, forums...took me a while. For anyone who is interested, it's by a company called REFX, and it's named "Vanguard". www.refx.com I'll see how it sounds.

Peace.

Back