Question from a freind I can't answer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

serrilion

In my own little world!
So he had me drive his 93 Ex coupe... no mods really besides the typical Headers, 2.5 catback, and a stage 2 clutch.... So he just recently replaced his Left CV Join and his Ex trany with another 1 cause his crapped out. So I drove it, pulls normal in 1st, u hit 2nd and right around 4,500 RPM about when VTEC kicks in the car climes in speed but the RPM's clime to about 5-6k and stop while the speed increases then they catch up... I also noticed turning hard right the car's power cuts out totaly... I told him sounds like a clutch , a clutch presure plate issue or a Bad CV join on the right side.... any other adivce be nice... Does this right threw every gear minus 1 and 5th cause I can't get it going that fast!

well with the acceleration, most of hondas D motors get peak power at around 5000rpm. And with the turning right thing, it sounds like the differental is eather fucked or not workin right.

Differental in a FWD car????? We think we pin pointed it tho... he used a Stock Presure plate on a Stage 2 clutch when he reinstalled it, sigh* Least thats what we think it mite be... other thoughs be nice

just a question what else did you think there would be in the place of a diff:confused:

also you should check for loose wires around the ecu connections i kind of had a similar problem and it was due to sketchy as wiring going to the ecu

Wouldnt it be a CV axle in FWD and diff in rwd or 4wd. Because a diff houses the ring and pinion and axle

Wouldnt it be a CV axle in FWD and diff in rwd or 4wd. Because a diff houses the ring and pinion and axle
What is an LSD? Limited Slip Differential. A stock Honda has an open differential, but a differential none the less.

Edit: Minus the Type-Rs before some smartass chimes in.

What is an LSD? Limited Slip Differential. A stock Honda has an open differential, but a differential none the less.

:werd:

If you can add in an aftermarket LSD, then there must be a differential there to begin with, right?

the only difference from a front wheel drive diff and a rear diff is the size and fwd has cv axles not strait axles

I'd look at the differential too for my first guess.

haha, looks like the diffy, he is so pissed well sort of, I told him he could steal the diff out of 1 of my other tranys haha!

does it feel like the clutch is slipping?

take a video and post it. as in doing the re-enactment of what the problem does..

Back