Question, need advise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Haha, just wait until I'm done my mechanic course then see how much more you know about cars in general than me. I suppose you started out doing the same thing "misinforming everyone", then got into a mechanics course and learned how cars really work. I will just stick to the D-Series information right now, because you are right I don't know shit about B-Series yet. I will keep my eyes/ears open and mouth shut on that subject. Thanks for the reply!.

Holy hell, this thread is borderline failure.

To the OP:
If you want to retain Honda's infamous reliability, you're going to have to sacrifice some power. Swap a B-Series, and do not touch the bottom end AT ALL. Turbo it, make sure you keep the oil changed, get a decent tune on there and stay below ~250whp on the B-Series engines and you will be just fine. Disregard all the other BS in this thread, there's a lot of misinformation here.

Oh and as far as a turbo is concerned, snag up a Peakboost or Full Race pre-made kit. You won't regret it.

We are not true Honda mechanics but some people on here know their shit, but as stated above I do not know shit about the B-Series engine so please disregard ANY of my comments toward that type of build, in this thread and others, thanks!.

found a gsr coupe with dc sport headers, skunk2 suspension, magnaflow exhaust, slightly built skunk2 internals on the head, and its silver on rims, a bunch of little stuff done to it for 3 grand. is it worth it?

Holy hell, this thread is borderline failure.

To the OP:
If you want to retain Honda's infamous reliability, you're going to have to sacrifice some power. Swap a B-Series, and do not touch the bottom end AT ALL. Turbo it, make sure you keep the oil changed, get a decent tune on there and stay below ~250whp on the B-Series engines and you will be just fine. Disregard all the other BS in this thread, there's a lot of misinformation here.

Oh and as far as a turbo is concerned, snag up a Peakboost or Full Race pre-made kit. You won't regret it.

Good advice. I DD'd with around 250whp on my stock b18c for the past 2 years with no problems. To this day it has never left me stranded. 250whp is PLENTY of power for a 5th gen civic.

Back