Question On A "sleeper"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i wish i had my camera the other night. there was a yellow 2000+ civic coupe in the wal mart parking lot with custom paint, body kit, big ass wing, huge rims (not chrome), sparco seats....and a HUGE intercooler peeking out the front air dam. and it wasn't one of those fake air filter things either. nuf said i think.

i think it doesnt matter what is done to a car. what matters is how nice the result is. that car looked sweet by the way. it looked like a first class job. if i see it again, i will take pics.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Feb 5 2003, 09:23 PM
i wish i had my camera the other night. there was a yellow 2000+ civic coupe in the wal mart parking lot with custom paint, body kit, big ass wing, huge rims (not chrome), sparco seats....and a HUGE intercooler peeking out the front air dam. and it wasn't one of those fake air filter things either. nuf said i think.

i think it doesnt matter what is done to a car. what matters is how nice the result is. that car looked sweet by the way. it looked like a first class job. if i see it again, i will take pics.

Ok...credit goes to someone who invests the time and money into their car and does it right....but I still have to ask "why?" at that point. If you're going to spend $30 Gs on a Civic, you're nuts. Go buy a used NSX and keep it stock.

some peoples say someones ricer because it looks too nice. i know some peoples who have the hottest car (i personally like my cousin's all-motor accord, but ghetto as hell) and they go really fast. they also run stock interior though but thats because they dont have money, but them ones that do have money can make the fastest nice car, if they know how to tune it right.

Originally posted by TommyTheCat@Feb 5 2003, 09:18 PM
Hmm...i still think the ultimate sleeper is a well-tuned Galant vr4. :D

Drives like an Evo, but looks like a family car.

drove one ... very un-impressed
didnt have a lot done to it but it REALLY sucked

Originally posted by TN_Accord@Feb 6 2003, 03:39 AM
If you're going to spend $30 Gs on a Civic, you're nuts. Go buy a used NSX and keep it stock.

For well under $30,000 you can build a very nice civic,that looks hella shape,handles like a dream and will blow you away.NSX is nice,but for that kind of money you can get something much nicer.

you could save money on insurance too on the whole civic vs nsx and the ultimate sleeper is my grandma's station wagon with the wood side panels.. its fuckin sick.

Back