QUESTION ON B16 Block with GSR HEAD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alright so i searched around and haven't really seen what i wanted to know but i was wondering what will be all the things i need to put the gsr head on a b16 block in my eg hatch any help is appreciated thanks .

why would you do this?

your compression will drop about .2:1, and you will not gain a single horsepower- in fact you will probably loose some.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Nov 5 2004, 04:50 PM
lol, brian this is the second time ive seen you say this.

gsr head = +.2 not -.2
[post=412749]Quoted post[/post]​

oops... my fault. lol i want to say it was a typo, but it was a typo in my head. haha

Originally posted by aznxlunatik@Nov 5 2004, 09:16 PM
because i happen to have these two blocks laying around so i was just gonna throw it in..
[post=412897]Quoted post[/post]​

If you have the GSR block, just drop the entire engine into your car. It's not much more labor than swapping just the head, especially since almost all the wiring is on the top half of the engine.

right 1.8>1.6

If you plan on taking the head off and doing all that, just swap motors for more displacement. Take the b16 cams and put them in the gsr head.

Originally posted by 97CTR@Nov 6 2004, 11:24 AM
right  1.8>1.6

If you plan on taking the head off and doing all that, just swap motors for more displacement.  Take the b16 cams and put them in the gsr head.
[post=413054]Quoted post[/post]​

doesnt > mean the the 1.8 is lesser of a motor. if your sayin that displacement is good wouldnt it be 1.8<1.6?

i was taught that the bigger better number ate the little one. but hey skool wuz fur slep.

Originally posted by PhyRe+Nov 11 2004, 06:40 PM-->
@Nov 6 2004, 11:24 AM
right  1.8>1.6

If you plan on taking the head off and doing all that, just swap motors for more displacement.  Take the b16 cams and put them in the gsr head.
[post=413054]Quoted post[/post]​

doesnt > mean the the 1.8 is lesser of a motor. if your sayin that displacement is good wouldnt it be 1.8<1.6?

i was taught that the bigger better number ate the little one. but hey skool wuz fur slep.
[post=415504]Quoted post[/post]​

F -

Is that what your report cards looked like??? :lol:

Back