Question On "chipped" Ecu's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mical0259

i decided to take the cheap way out and bought one of those "mugen" chips from ebay, yeah i know mugen dont make those, anyway, do those chip programs actually change the program of the ecu to read differently. Since some call it "reprogramming" the ecu and others just add a chip. Is there a difference or is it just different terminology. Also by putting one of these chips in will my vtec, fuel maps, and redline actually chnge or did i just get raped.? replies from experience or knowledge please, not bias. thanks

well i been doing alotta research on chips cuz im trying to figure out if i want to chip up my comp it doesnt change youre red line or vtec it basically gives you more fuel they say it will give around 20 - 25 horse is whats advertised im gonna give it a try well see what happens

You are going to run really rich b/c those chips pump way too much fuel into the car and it wont burn.

Have fun. :)

basically those chips are pieces of shiet! i've had ONE before i got the hondata and that thing was fucked up. Erick [my ECU tuner] couldnt even fix the problem with the ECU so i junked it.

only real way to get your ECU tuned is going to someone who specializes in it [ie. Erick Racing Engines]... whatever you want done, he can do for you for a damn good price. if you want your VTEC to engage at 5500RPM, it can be done... or how about changing your Redline, it can be done... convert the ECU to single Wire VTEC, done... etc etc

dont trust that EBAY shiet, i've met so many people who have been raped by EBAY...

will a VAFC or a AFC help at all with the whole running rich part. or am i just better off running a VAFC on a stock p28 instead of getting the chip? and no im not going DFI or hondata, funds are not there yet and need ecu for my swap.

Back