Question On Engine Mount

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crypticcivic

what driver side top engine mount do i use. i am putting a 94 ls ino a 97 civic.

Originally posted by solblu@May 17 2003, 07:10 PM
Not sure if it's the same, but the B20's use a DX Civic mount in 5 gen Civic swaps

wtf are you talking about?

anyways, use your stock motor mount. The only problem is the bracket that is bolted onto the block with the studs sticking up won't work. You have to go buy that bracket from a 99-00 civic SI. Make sure you buy the studs too since its a pain in the ass to try and re-use the ones you have.

Well the bracket you are telling him to replace on the motor with the two prongs fits a Civic DX mount, in a 5 gen Chassis.

Originally posted by solblu@May 19 2003, 12:38 AM
Well the bracket you are telling him to replace on the motor with the two prongs fits a Civic DX mount, in a 5 gen Chassis.

first off he doesn't havea 5th gen and if he did you don't have to replace anything the integra mount bolts right into the car

I have done this exact swap (except it was a 92 ls block), I found the same thing, the stock bracket on the ls block is too low... I just spaced it with washers for now but thanks baker... that solves that little problem... as for the rest of the mounts, both lower front torque mounts from and ls, gsr or si... rear mount from an si... use your existing tranny and engine mounts but like baker said, change your block mount

Originally posted by Baker+May 19 2003, 12:55 AM-->
@May 19 2003, 12:38 AM

first off he doesn't havea 5th gen and if he did you don't have to replace anything the integra mount bolts right into the car

Do YOU have a B20 in your car???? The Integra mount DOES NOT work with a B20, and as I said in my first post I'm not sure on the 6th gen, but it is likely to be similar and a DX mount would have fixed his problem.

Originally posted by solblu+May 19 2003, 09:05 PM-->
Originally posted by Baker@May 19 2003, 12:55 AM
solblu
@May 19 2003, 12:38 AM

Do YOU have a B20 in your car???? The Integra mount DOES NOT work with a B20, and as I said in my first post I'm not sure on the 6th gen, but it is likely to be similar and a DX mount would have fixed his problem.

no the DX mount would not have fixed his problem at all, he needs the bracket. No i do not have a b20 in my car I have a b18 but its the exact same swap, the block is identical. I have helped on swaps in 5th gens and you can just use all the normal mounts, you don't need a DX mount as the DX and EX mount are THE SAME MOUNT. and he has a 6th gen anyways which is what i have, he needs the bracket and the rear tranny mount from a 99-00 SI, the rest of the mounts he can use the stock civic ones easily, or a few of the integra ones. go look at the part numbers for 99-00 SI mounts and 96-00 sohc mounts, they are the same except the rear trans mount and that one bracket. %th gen is an extremly similar chasis and mount to the integra where the 6th gen uses a completely different mount. 5th has a horizontal drivers side mount identical to the integra where the 6th gen has a vertical mount. and b20's don't come out of integras they come out of crv's which has a slightly different upper drivers mount than the civic or integra.

OK you need to KNOW what you are talking about then. The B20 Will not accept an integr mount, and the DX one is the only one that will work. THe DX and EX ones ARE different. I have 2 B20's and this is a common question when you are in the middle of the swap because people like you who do not have the motor and have no experience with it assume it is the same as BXX motors. Call your Honda dealer and get part #'s before you ASSUME parts are the same, The DX and EX mounts are incompatible and very different. As stated above The DX mount ( the rubber one that connects to the 2 pronged one on the block and goes to the chassis) is needed to put a B20 in a 5 Gen.

I don't care what you think or have in your car it's not a B20 and so you don't know.

Originally posted by solblu@May 20 2003, 07:14 PM
OK you need to KNOW what you are talking about then. The B20 Will not accept an integr mount, and the DX one is the only one that will work. THe DX and EX ones ARE different. I have 2 B20's and this is a common question when you are in the middle of the swap because people like you who do not have the motor and have no experience with it assume it is the same as BXX motors. Call your Honda dealer and get part #'s before you ASSUME parts are the same, The DX and EX mounts are incompatible and very different. As stated above The DX mount ( the rubber one that connects to the 2 pronged one on the block and goes to the chassis) is needed to put a B20 in a 5 Gen.

I don't care what you think or have in your car it's not a B20 and so you don't know.

you're a complete idiot if you think swapping a b20 is different than any other b series. The only difference is that you have to get a new intake manifold because the b20 one won't work. all b serires blocks are the SAME. the only difference is the bore and stroke. why is it that we took my friends LS out of his car, strapped the ls haed on a built b20 bottom end and dropped it right back in using the same mounts? because they are the same, I just called honda and they gave me the same part numbers on the mounts too.

i hated to ask this question but i found my answer. i just bought a 94 ls. converted the intake manifold and evrything else to obd2 using 96 teg stuff. the upper driverside engine bracket went right up to the stock civic mount. i usually do 92-95 engine swaps this was my first obd2 swap. by far i find the 88-91 civic engine swaps the hardest. especially if it is not an si.

but thanks fgor your replies fellas

Back