Question on engine swap for an 03 em2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Stage Four

2003 EM2
just had a question and hope that someone can answer it for me.i want to run an all motor setup with a k-series.how much can i invest in the setup and what numbers can i expect? i live in alaska and our emissions are just as high as california.

That's an extremely vague question. How much power you make is going to depend on any number of factors (the size of the turbo, how much boost you're pushing, your tune, etc.). We can't really give you any answers until you give us some more specifics about exactly what you want to do...

sorry about that,but my post does say that i only want to run an all motor setup and my state's emissions are just as high as california's.im pulling the motor from an '03 civic si.im just trying to figure out what number i can expect on a state that limits the actual build up.

Woops, you're right. For some reason I thought you said turbo rather than all motor. It's still a rather vague question though. Do you have any idea at all of what kind of modifications you might want to put on it? You have lots of options (cams, upgraded valve train, intake/header/exhaust, intake manifold, machine work on the head, higher comp pistons, ect.)...

im not really into getting port job or anything like that,im looking more towards,pistons,cams,header,intake,exaust,ecu from k pro,and throttle body.im just trying to see what numbers i could pick up while still being emissions legal

It's very possible to make 200+ wheel horses on a K20 with bolt-ons and good tuning. Just make sure you're buying quality parts that have CARB exemption stickers on them if you want to stay legal...

Back