1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on if my block is any good

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Honda-boi, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Honda-boi

Honda-boi Junior Member

Yes I have a question on my block the block just got out of the machine shop its an ls built to drive daily but also ready for the track it has the block guard and i noticed between the sleeve and block where the coolant goes there is rust and i was wondering if that would have any affect on the block oh and also there is sort of a hole not to deep in the outside of the sleeve. if anyone need pictures give me your email address so you can check it out. I would really apperciate if someone could help me out on this that way i know if the machine shop fucked me over cause they said the block checked out good.

2. lil_red_si

lil_red_si Senior Member

if it is minor rust i would hit it with a lil bit of sandpaper so it does not spread..second....does the hole go thru the cylinder sleeve or is it like a chip.......it may not be that serious.....any other suggestions guys [​IMG]

3. Honda-boi

Honda-boi Junior Member

How do i get all the way down inside the block and the block guard is in the way and dont tell me to take it out cause the machine shop put that shit in good oh and one side is higer than each other is that okay not much maybe about 2or3 cm and on that hole its not too deep you know how the sleeve looks like it has two layers of metal i dont think it even went through the first one.

4. lil_red_si

lil_red_si Senior Member

ok screw it then.....it may not spread rust....but think about it.....rust......coolant and water flowing threw it with rust in there.....mayb a problem bro

5. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

are you sure its rust and not just untreated metal. a lot of our blocks come out of the walnut blaster looking like they are rusty, but in actuality its just the metal of the block.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted