Question on selling D16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TheManRSW

TheManRSW
I recently completed a swap in my 95 Honda Del sol Si. I removed the d16z6 (manual 5spd) and installed a b16 SiR2. I am now trying to get rid of my old engine/tranny/pcm. My goal was to get around $300 for everything. The engine has 152k miles...new belts, water pump, and timing belt. The engine ran great and had no major leaks. I have had it compression tested and everything is up to or above specs, it's been out of the car and in a garage for about 2 months. Do you think my asking price is a little steep? I don't want to charge too much, but in the same aspect, I don't want to let it go for too little. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Just thought I would add...I didn't swap the engine because there was something wrong with it. I just wanted to start a project car...and figured a B16 would be a better place to start than with a d-series.

Yeah 300 is a great price but many will want to see pics.

And some are not going to take your word for it............due to the nOOb factor!

But post pics and they cant say anything!

Yeah 300 is a great price but many will want to see pics.

And some are not going to take your word for it............due to the nOOb factor!

But post pics and they cant say anything!

yes, pictures are worth a thousand words

Yeah...I have no idea how to post pictures within threads. It's actually quite the accomplishment that I started a thread. I can take some pictures...I didn't realize people would actually want to buy it on here...seems like most of you guys already have decent engines and such. I was mostly asking about the price that I should ask for it. I have a guy that wants to buy it for 300 as of now...he has seen it, but he wants to put it into a 97 dx civic. I don't really know if swapping OBD1 for OBD2 is all that great of an idea. I was always told to stick with the year or atleast the diagnostic capabilities that your car was designed for. He also wants me to help install it and such.

host the pic somewhere and take the url and put it between these
or put them as attachments

!BUMP! for a good deal

<<< Wish I had the money, i used to live in Sherrillsford and know exactly where you are. You are in the middle of no where.:p

I now have some pictures...fresh off the press.

Attachments

• 5A70136C.jpg
    5A70136C.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 600
  • 24FA047D.jpg
    24FA047D.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 489
  • 468BB957.jpg
    468BB957.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 450
Thanks for your help with the not knowing how to post pictures dilemma. I think it posted fine...they just seem a little large.

Did you say you would sell the tranny and pcm to because I was looking for a new engine for my honda.

Yes...$300 includes engine/transmission (5 spd)/PCM. I don't really know how to ship an item this large. I have never had to. If you could give me some details on a company and everything, I could ship it anywhere. It would then cost $300+shipping charges. I know when I had my engine delivered for the swap, it was shipped by Wilson trucking. I no longer have the number, though. The transmission is a stock 5 spd...I had to use part of the shift linkage for the shifter in the new swap (the shifter was pointing to the passenger seat in the shift linkage that came with the engine). The numbers on the pcm (I am pretty sure it's stock as well) are 37820-P28-A02. I also have my old motor mounts for the engine...and they will be sold with the engine as well, along with the a/c lines that I pulled off during the swap. I think I still have my compressor and condenser too (if the roomate didn't throw them out). I don't have the evaporator, though...I couldn't see pulling the dash to lose an extra 10-15 pounds, so it's still in my car.

Last edited:
Yeah probably be looking at around $100-200 shipping, I'd pay that no problem. I wannnnnt that engine and can actually afford it. I'm in the shipping/receiving dept at my work so I'll see what I can do.

...KevinDnB. Just get back to me. I have no idea about any kind of shipping company, but if you have one that you recommend, let me know. I can get a pallet from work as well as stuff to pack it with. I just don't know of a trucking or freight company.

Alright well I found a trucking company. From Mooresville to San Diego it will cost $183.14, I guessed the weight at 250 lbs. and didn't have the dimensions on there. Probably looking at around ~$200.

Trucking Companies Freight Companies Trucking Company

Let me know how much you want for just the engine, we can figure out shipping and....yeah pretty sure I'll be buying this.

Back