question on water damage to a gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

black94teggy

i recently bought a 94 integra GSR. the owner befor me had a coldair intake on it without a bypass vaulve. he had ran it threw water, but it wasnt a deep puddle. when the water went in the motor it shut it down, then he tried to crank it a couple of times and it cranked but would not turn over, and now it wont crank at all. my suspision is that the cylinders are locked but im not positive. i havent had the motor apart yet b/c im not sure if there could be a smaller problem. so thats y im here, if anyone on here knows about water issues with this motor and could tell me some other things to try befor i rip the motor apart it would be helpful, like wether i sould try a new starter or something alont those lines. well to anyone that could help on this topic it would be greatly appreciaited. thankx

man if you have water in your motor and it is locked that is a big problem. i had a little bit of coolant sit in my LT1 motor and it caused me to have all my walls bored out (depressing) but my boy had a d16 that water got in it and it locked and when we tried everythign and nothing happened, we said lets take it apart. took it apart and the piston rings where frozen to the walls we tried to get the pistons out but it was almost inpossible. i hope that is not your problem

idk wut the issue is but all i kno is im gonna rip it apart and see and if its locked then its out the the gsr block and in with my ls so i can make it ls-vtec. cuz i have a whole ls motor from my last integra that i totaled. but thankx for the info bro

Yeah it's probably done for. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but once his engine stalled out, he shouldn't have cranked it but got it towed. You might've been able to save it at that point, but not now.

Try a diffferent started, but it's most likely ruined.

Great job! You know, Honda has millions of dollars behind it's designs, including it's intake manifold. So you think some cheap company who makes air filters is going to have a better design than the actual OEM manufacturer? Yes, maybe you can gain 5 flywheel horsepower, but you see what happens? wtf it's a GSR, it doesn't need a Cold air intake. Stupid people. Ruining nice cars.

i like the sound you get from a ram air intake, but your right the motor is toast how long has it been sitting?

yea i kno the kid was a dumb ass and never put a bypass vaulve on it and a short ram would have been better anyways, but yea its been sitting for about a month and a half, like 2 or so weeks befor i bought it and iv had it for a month trying to decide wut i wanna do with it. thanks for all the imput tho guys

Back