Question regarding prelude short shifter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Luded

Hi www.forbiddenmotorsports.com has a short shifter for the prelude but i was wondering is it worth the money or should i just buy a short shifter adapter from fidanza or dc or somebody and then just use my dremel and shave off .5" of the threading on the stock shifter to make it shorter? thanks

Shaving off the top of the shifter won't do anything. The focal point is still the same, as is the length between the focal point and the bottom end of the shifter where the linkage connects to.

Spend the money on a short throw if you want one, chopping the top off will do absolutely nothing but make it feel more choppy and put the knob further from your hand.

yeah, and if you have an Si/VTEC (never driven an S, so dont know if its true) your shifter and throw are already pretty short. A short shifter will make the nob come out right above the console and you will barely have any throw to it. The edlebrock shifter on a Civic hatch does that...id hate to see what it does to a prelude.

forbidden motorsports makes an excellent short shifter for the cable shifters in the prelude and accord. If you are goingto put a short shifter in def go with this one. any other adapter style short shifter is going to change the posiitioning of the cables to much and make the shifts feel choppy and chunky and unsmooth.

or you could visit some of the accord sites and find out how to do a DIY short shifter in your accord. My bro did it to his accord using some parts from Home Depot. Worked very well. Total cost=$5.

Back