Questioning life

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was gonna upload a pic, but this forum has to be difficult lol.

Put a Trek 3500 21" with 26" tires on layaway at the local bike shop earlier. It'll take a bit to pay on, but thats a good goal, and money well spent in my opinion.

Aaand I just deleted the last of the texts I saved from her that meant a lot to me, I think seeing them felt like torture in one way, but it also reminded me of the good times....sucks.

If you keep picking a scab, it will never heal.

Now read that over and over again.

What is your next step after you realize whatever you are going to realize from the above statement?

I was gonna upload a pic, but this forum has to be difficult lol.

Put a Trek 3500 21" with 26" tires on layaway at the local bike shop earlier. It'll take a bit to pay on, but thats a good goal, and money well spent in my opinion.
Abort.

Get your money back. Go buy a bike on Craigslist.

Don't fix one problem (girl problem) by making another problem (money problem) bigger. You will wind up more stressed in the end.

Things will never make you happy.

Word. But, good move trying to get into a hobby.

I've made some dumb decisions when I was younger with money, and now that I'm in a better position to lay a foundation, I really am working on changing on how I look at purchasing things and saving money/paying bills. I pass on so many things I previously would just have bought.

Oh round for the bar? Yeah I got it! Oh I need that shotgun! Oh that suit(corp job) is way better than this one, let's buy that one. DUMB.

Its not overly expensive, I owe just a little over $300 now and the best option I found on clist was $300 and I could only talk the guy down to $275, which I didn't have all of anyways.

The best option is neither. You can find some basic bike on Craigslist for $50 or $100 and that's the way you need to start thinking.

At almost 30 years old, being in debt, living with your parents and being in a rocky place in your life - a sub for your car is the last thing you need. That would maybe be acceptable if you were 16-18years old.

You should not have champagne on a beer money budget.

The best option is neither. You can find some basic bike on Craigslist for $50 or $100 and that's the way you need to start thinking.

At almost 30 years old, being in debt, living with your parents and being in a rocky place in your life - a sub for your car is the last thing you need. That would maybe be acceptable if you were 16-18years old.

Only problem is at $50 - $100, I might as well go buy a walmart bike which is junk. I'm not a bad impulse spender; the reason I have the cc debt is car repairs. I first paid a bunch more on a cc yesterday before heading to the bike shop, I don't feel like I'm doing something really stupid, but I respect anyone's opinion.

If you keep picking a scab, it will never heal.

Now read that over and over again.

What is your next step after you realize whatever you are going to realize from the above statement?

Not talking to her anymore and deleting what I have left of our pictures

What if it's Miller High Life?

GFT...GPT? I wouldn't post any of those anyways...most of you would pick her apart since she was in her late 30's & had 3 kids, but we always had a great time & I thought she was beautiful.

I would say that if you are seriously going to start riding, a good bike is worth the investment. A cheap bike will just be a waste, you'll never actually enjoy a good long bike ride.
I'm actually going to pick up a cheap Schwinn MB in the near future. It has front suspension only. Frankly, I don't think I'll know what I'm missing. I've never had a bike with suspension, period.
Rough. Been there. Done that. The next day beer shits are the worst.
I'm a man of simple (read:cheap) tastes. Serves my wallet well. I do enjoy good beer from time to time though.

its not only the suspension you are looking for.
i have a shitty bike that has both front and rear suspension. it sucks.
always just feels wrong, and like im using more energy than should be required.
go ride a shitty bike at walmart, then go to a bike shop and test out a decently priced model. see if you notice the difference. theres a reason that cyclists spend thousands of dollars on a really good bike. like going from a civic to a porsche.

Back