Questioning life

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Leaving an observatory park and headed to the uvdar-hazy center...can't freakin wait

Living in Maryland I have access to all the cakes I want. At Most restaurants, the crab cakes are sub par.

Only way to do it is to steam your own crabs, pick the meat and make them.

As far as local joints with great crab cakes. Only places I like are high dollar, like $20/30 cakes.

Almost all lower end restaurants use Asian crab meat that comes from a can. Even Philips the biggest name in crab cakes uses Asian crabs.

That's sad.....
to make it clear, Philips most likely uses the fresh asian crab meat, not the canned, but most places use the canned crap.

Phillips has crab and seafood processing plants in 13 countries around the world. With the majority in Southeast Asia, the company has successfully taken the presure off the crab resource in the Chesapeake Bay by finding a similar crab in Asia. We produce over 11 million pounds of crab meat a year in state-of the art plants using the techniques the family learned back in Hoopers Island, Maryland.

Took over 100 pictures, thought I'd share a few...I'm sure most of you have seen pics from inside. I've done pretty extensive research on Concorde and the SR71, had never seen either in person, so yesterday was a pretty special day for me...will never forget it.

Its nice to feel small occasionally...the shuttle certainly does that

Loved the little Cessna...just looks like a plane with attitude

I was curious about this one because of the description of the engine.

"Boosted by a turbosupercharger". Wondered if it was a compound setup or maybe someone just wasn't exactly sure of what they were talking about.

Last edited:
BEDEs are awesome i love those little fuckers
saw them fly at an airshow when i was little... very cool

i saw an SR71 at the Pima Air Space Museum when i was in Tucson
sounds kinda stupid cuz it is a big ass plane... but i thought they were a lot bigger than they are for some reason
the starter carts blew my fucking mind as well
The AG330 starter cart was developed exclusively for the Lockheed Blackbird family's Pratt & Whitney J58 turbojet engines. The cart used two Buick Wildcat V-8 racing engines, each of 425 cubic inch displacement. Together the engines produced over 600 horsepower and were tied to a common gear box to deliver torque through the vertical starter drive shaft to the J-58s. The aircraft engines had to be spooled up to at least 3,200 rpm for starting and ignition.

I did a quick Google search on the BD-5 with the Civic engine. From what I can tell it's a turbo setup. I'm thinking that the person writing the descriptions just wasn't very knowledgeable, lol.

Do none of you know that turbochargers were originally called turbosuperchargers? The person who wrote the placard was indeed knowledgeable, the nomenclature has just changed over the years.

BEDEs are awesome i love those little fuckers
saw them fly at an airshow when i was little... very cool

i saw an SR71 at the Pima Air Space Museum when i was in Tucson
sounds kinda stupid cuz it is a big ass plane... but i thought they were a lot bigger than they are for some reason
the starter carts blew my fucking mind as well

I was really hoping the museum would have a starter cart...would be awesome to see beside it. The startup process was badass. I've only watched it in a really low quality video, but it was awesome.

Sister has me set up on a double date with a girl she's in nursing school with, along with my sister & her bf.

I've tried to be interested in the girl, but I'm not attracted to her & am just not really feeling it.

On the other hand, it could be a fun night if the girl isn't too awkward.

I'm finding myself not wanting to be interested honestly, which isn't fair to her, but its not like my ex is coming back, either. Not sure what to do.

If you're not ready to go out yet wait.

Is this girl someone you could be friends with?

Back