Questions about 1990 Honda Civic Lx Swap!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

makena

Ok, this is my first post so be nice..

Here's my situtation.. I have a 1990 Civic Lx (Sedan). Timing belt slipped, long story short, I need new valves. I know I also need new rings soon. So.. I'd love to swap in a ZC DOHC in replacement of the D15B2.

I understand the ZC DOHC is MPFI, and mine is currently DPFI.

All I must do to make this swap work, is rewire the FI system? (I've seen all the web pages)

I do not need a new transmission? (I could go to the SI..)
I do not need new axels? (CRX only?)
I do not need a teg ECU? (I could if I wanted, but mine will work, if I get the resistor/distributer, and wire it up corretly.. right?)

If I did get the teg ECU, from which year, which model?

I do not need anything else?

Enough room, that I don't need a new hood?
No new engine mounts?
No AC brackets, etc?

Please.

Thank you in advance!

I can't want to post pictures when I am all done!

Basically you will have to bolt the zc in and do a mpfi swap. There is info on here (somewhere) and all over the net and probably on hasports site about it. As for the tranny, the dx and lx sedan have a little better gearing than the hatchback dxs do. They are geared pretty well. You could go with an si but it could be a waste of money. I didn't noticed a huge difference when I switched from my dx sedan to si tranny.

So the ECU swap is not completely necessary.. just makes the engine work better...

Please correct me if I am wrong, or not..

What you need is a PM6 (CRX) or a PM7 (ZC JDM) I got a PG7 and that works wonderful no complains, and so that your encourged to do the swap. I have the same car and the same thing happened to me <_< , it's horrible. (it also a good excuse to get a new engine) :D But you'll love it, Iv'e had it for over a year I got the regular mods on it and I was able to hit 15.4 with it a could lower but I would have to change to ZC tranny etc.... I still using the LX tranny which is not bad. Every thing bolts on and you have to do minor cable conections basically make your car multi point instead of that crappy dual point "good on gas low on power" look in the reference or articles part of this site you should find lots of info.....

Good Luck

DA.Crespo
San Juan, PR

Back