1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

questions about b series

Discussion in 'Parts: For Sale/Trade/Wanted' started by 93chaosdx, Jun 21, 2007.

1. 93chaosdx

93chaosdx 93dxowner

i have been looking around for a b series swap, i am still leaning towards the b18c1 but open to suggestions, thought about a b20 with a b18c head? any help would be greatly appreciated. also looking to find the motor assembly at a price that wont require me to sell of any of my bodily organs.
    thanks

2. ls ef

ls ef New Member

this si the wrong section. But i'd go with a b20 vtec. Lots of torque. But thats if you have the money for the b20 and then a gsr or b16 head.....or maybe a type r head. Then you need new dowel pins, tap the head, an oil line, and an oil fitting for the block and for the head.

3. AdriaticTurbo

AdriaticTurbo New Member

cr-vtec unless you plan on going with boost then the b20's thin sleeves will become a problem

4. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

if you want a really quick car that will be easy to build and almost guaranteed reliability, go gsr. if you want an even faster car with a beefier torque curve do the b20/vtec, but carrry the higher risk of problems, esp if its not built right.

5. ls ef

ls ef New Member

yea....If i was you I would probably just go with the gsr. More reliable quick enough not, and not high maintance.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted