Questions about the B18C

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Boomboxx

I have a '93 Del Sol Vtec (160bhp).

I was thinking of putting a turbo on my B16A for more power, but some research of my insane Government's Tax rules for increased HP have made me choose not to do this... :-(

When I have to pay like $2500 for the complete install, and then $8000 to the government for the increased HP number, I think I'll go another way towards more power, thank you!

So now I'm thinking of a swap, ant I need to know the following about the B18C engine, all responses highly appreciated (have tried search, didn't find exactly this info):

1. This will fit right in my car, no other parts needed, direct fit on current engine mounts and all? http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30009

2. Is the B18C possible to recognize from the B16A just from looking at it?

3. Will this swap be worth it, or should I spend my cash N/A-tuning the current 140k miles B16A instead? Won't waste a dime on it if the swap is a good one, allthough my B16A is in perfect shape already... Doesn't use much oil or anything, and runs really good. I just want a little more power! :)

I don't have much mechanic skills, but I get around. Also, I know people who know their sh*t :)

(One last question - has anyone tried the Skunk2 ECU with moved Vtec-engagement, more HP etc, etc, or is this just pure crap like so much else on eGay?) :D

b18c will fit right in, you wonlt need any extra parts.
You can tell the b18c from the b16 if you know what you are looking for.
Dont think that the swap woul dbe worth it for the very minimal HP you will gain for the amount of money you will spend.

Back