Questions about turbo.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you would be able to do more with a SAFC than gettin ur ecu chipped.. it has difffernt files u can use (after it is set), i had two files on mine one for street use and one for track use.. that bc i wanted all the gas milage i could get lol .. dunno bro just a thought, although on my present car i have a ecu programmed especially for my setup

NOOO. Do NOT use an SAFC on a turbo'd car unless you ABSOLUTELY have to. an SAFC is considered a "piggyback" which does NOT actually alter the map inside the ECU. Generally, a piggyback system will alter signals sent to your ecu from various sensors (o2 sensor, etc) so that the ecu will read a different value and lean/richen the setup accordingly. VERY VERY limited control, and is also risky as hell if you don't know what youre doing.

do it right the first time: obd1 ecu chipped and socketed, and get someone to tune specifically for your setup. a map specifically for your setup will yield more power, and greater efficiency (provided its done right) than a piggyback setup. piggybacks are pretty much garbage when you have the option to tune with CROME, ECtune, etc.

NOOO. Do NOT use an SAFC on a turbo'd car unless you ABSOLUTELY have to. an SAFC is considered a "piggyback" which does NOT actually alter the map inside the ECU. Generally, a piggyback system will alter signals sent to your ecu from various sensors (o2 sensor, etc) so that the ecu will read a different value and lean/richen the setup accordingly. VERY VERY limited control, and is also risky as hell if you don't know what youre doing.

do it right the first time: obd1 ecu chipped and socketed, and get someone to tune specifically for your setup. a map specifically for your setup will yield more power, and greater efficiency (provided its done right) than a piggyback setup. piggybacks are pretty much garbage when you have the option to tune with CROME, ECtune, etc.

i guess i forgot to mention about it being done right , i had mine set at the dino.. lasted for 2 yrs givin it hell before i sold it lol...

ok well im going to prob chip it and go from there?
are stock honda injectors high or low independance? will i need a resistor if i want to install some dsm ones?

well dont you need a dyno to tune all of those systems? i found somebody whos very good at tuning the AFC management system so i might go that route

well you can tune the AFC, and im pretty tight on money. Its expensive to get your car on a dyno and you have to tune it again everytime you turn up the boost.

well you can still tune the AFC, and im pretty tight on money right now. its pretty expensive to put your car on dyno and you have to tune it again everytime you turn the boost up

im not sure why people tripping on the safc if it is properly tuned it will work fine.. we all use them here and never had a problem with them.. yes its a piggy back but so are all the other ones people use.. we ran a safcII on our 240 and it ran perfect and we ran the dammit out of it .. now we have a complete engine management system for it (1000 bucks) now its really kicking...

ya as long as your careful, do you guys think i will need a new fuel pump or anything?
yess walboro 255 is good.. and in the end no matter what we tell you your gunna do what you want and can afford.. were juss here for advice..

Back