Questions about Vaccuum on b18 into EG8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18_4door

Sup guys, im just getting done building my motor. its a b18a, mildly built, cams, pistons, stuf like that..anyway my main question is when it goes in, am i going to have any problmes with the vaccum lines?

Just tryin to prepare ahead of time for any shit i might run into. thanks

Originally posted by b18_4door@Jan 4 2005, 11:33 PM
Sup guys, im just getting done building my motor. its a b18a, mildly built, cams, pistons, stuf like that..anyway my main question is when it goes in, am i going to have any problmes with the vaccum lines?

Just tryin to prepare ahead of time for any shit i might run into. thanks
[post=441229]Quoted post[/post]​

Well... Where do i start? What exactly do you mean? There are only a few places where they are needed and it doesnt make any difference weather the engine has aftermarket parts or not... If you just worded it wrong let me know but other than that there will be no difference. Just dont like it idle when you first get it running. Keep a load on the engine, and watch your RPM's... Search the forum for breaking in a engine.. There is a great post by pissedoffsol.

I assume it's a 92-95 civic it's going into. The vacuum lines are pretty simple and you shouldn't have any problems with it.

If you still have them on your car now mark them, I didn't this time and it took me like 20 mins to get it right.

id be more concered with the entire obd0->1 conversion than a couple vac lines

it wasnt that hard.

dizzy
injectors
i dunno probably the alternator too, but I used my d series.

All the other clips plugged up fine, and it runs decent for using a civic dizzy right now.

my buddy swapped a b18 into his 94 hatch...and everythjing plugged in, same motor i got in my car now, same motor im putting in my car. Used all stock plugs didnt have to get a conversion for anything.

well you are going to have to use obd1 parts on your engine instead of what came with the engine like the injectors and the dizzy and the o2 sensors and then you have to get yourself an obd1 dohc ecu so it can have the right mapping and the stuff and make sure you get yourself a cable tranny it is a headache playing with the hydro-cable convertion my boy did it and right now he has no third gear from grinding all the time

I have the ECU form the integra...I have everything from it,i pulled it outta my buddys car rebuilt it and here I am. My car right now has a hydro tranny, so im just going to stick with a b16 hydro tranny.

Back