questions before buying

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boosting4me

hey guys im new to the whole honda while owning mostly dsms just had a couple of questions before picking up this hatch back its a 1990 or 1991 with a great body no rust but somethings worried me apparently it has the mini me swap in it but the person selling it said it started about a week ago ran fine but shooting some black smoke now it wont start it almost cranks for a second but wont turn over so i have no history on the car so I wouldnt know why it would do that also i was told that it was leaking tranny fluid near the axles due to the tranny being swapped with a 5 speed tranny using 4 speed axles but the owner said he would include the 5 speed axles

owner wants 900

are these problems normal with the mini me swap ?

Would it leak fluid if the 4speed axles were used or is he bs me

And about it not turning over he said he tryed to jump it but nothing i was thinking distributor but i dono

just a couple questions before i jump into a pos

black smoke is running rich..that could be bad.
dizzy could be shot.
and yes the tranny will leak if the wrong axles were used
the shell is worth 900 if its in as good shape as you say..if worst comes to worst swap it

nvm searched and found but i dono trying figure out if its worth it will be swaping the motor eventually but for now i would have liked to drive it as it is If it ran before i just want to know if its possible motor is fd up

Back