Questions For Everyone Here

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93teggy

Well i would like to say hi to everyone on this board im a Newbie. Anyhow i have a big question for everyone here, I wanna know what all do i need to do this swap i have a 93 civic ex vtec( i think its the d16?) right now, i had a 93 integra ls....but i sorta rolled it. the civic is an auto and the teg is a manual. Eventually this summer am goin to do the engine swap myself but the hard thing that im not findin allot of info on is a auto to manual swap...ive asked on other board and nobody seems to know allot on this issue? and yes i even did a search and didnt find that much info on here. i was lookin threw one of my magazines and found out that madavi motorsports has a conversion auto to manual ( well at least they say they do wheather or not its for a civic i do not know). anyhow im sorta strugglin w/ this issue any and all insight is welcome. thanks
Brad

well someone in here has to know somethin about it....??? :(

Your question has only been on here for a few hours, give it time. If I see you keep begging I will lock this topic. It is Easter Sunday, so not a lot of people are online.

the only thing you are really gonna hear about the auto to manuel conversion is that it's more trouble than it is worth. whether they answer all your questions and you figure it out on your own - or they straight up tell you - it's more trouble than it's worth.

The tranny mount and the wiring differences are the real pains in the conversion.Unless good at rerouting and figuring out wiring schematics and can find or make the nescessary mount for the application,the process is best left to someone that has done it before.

i dont see what the big deal is :blink:

we are planning it on my friends bpu3 supra TT.

but i dont have any previous experience so i guess im not much help :(

you really have to find someone who already knows exactly what to do, and has done it before, to get any sort of reasonable price

Heres the best advice, sell or trade your car for a manual one. I have never done the conversion but you will need new shift linkages, maybe mounts, the entire hydraulic clutch assembly, pedals from a 5spd car, a clutch cable, 5spd tranny, and probably some other expensive shit.

Back