questions on boosting f22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

calmfornow

System Failure Racing
How safe would it be to boost a stock f22a1. and if it is safe at what PSI should it be at. just curious

I ran 17psi for awhile on a motor with 200K. Cyl2 started to lose compression after 20K miles. I ran the car for a few days HARD on 24psi, it took it pretty well. With a good tune and a smaller turbo, 15psi max to be safe. Bigger turbo, better tuning, prolly the same boost level.

thanks...im actually just throwin an h22a in it, and maybe further down the road, ill get better pistons, head gasket and all that good shit to boost it

If you plan on boosting, stick with the F series.

i was told it would cancel out the vtec in it, but if i throw an h23a non vtec block wouldnt it be better?? also why would an f22 be better and an h22 for boosting

i was told it would cancel out the vtec in it, but if i throw an h23a non vtec block wouldnt it be better?? also why would an f22 be better and an h22 for boosting

boosting will never cancel vtec.... thats just bluntly retarded

H23 block would be good for simple fact its a closed-deck block

the F22 would be better to boost on for several reasons...... stock compression is 8:8:1 vrs. 10:5:1 on the H22..... you dont want to high of compression on boost cus you can really do alot of damage

also the F22 block has iron sleeves........H22 does not....

also the F22a1 is a SOHC...... SOHC head flows alot better under boost

wow nice thanks a lot dude, ima keep my f22 in my garage as a back up, so im probebly going to boost it too, and i leanred some nice ass facts

Not2Fast: Turbo Calculator

Inlet air temp: Use something neutral like 70 degrees F (38C)
Comp. efficiency: ~75%
Intercooler efficiency: ~75%
Pressure drop is usally around .5psi at the intercooler
Pick the psi you plan to run
Methanol mix - 0
RPM: pick an RPM a little below redline, which is where max HP is at.
Vol efficiency: ~75%
Air Fuel Ratio: 12.0 is what most people tune to.

Turbo and Supercharger Maps

do some research :)

Back