Quick ? about used rings in fresh motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicb18

just as the title and topic say.....heres the deal, i blew up my old b18b1 with 300 miles on it..yea vac line came off to wastegate and full boost occurred. srp pistons and eagle rods, used original bearings that came with motor. rods and pistons are fine, all balanced. whole lower and top end are fine just cracked cylinder walls 1 and 3 when it blew. i have a new block but need to know....

how bad would it be for me to use those rings if all my gaps/specs/clearances are ok? should i just get new ones?

one more question...should i also get new bearings (ACL)?

i figured id ask and get some feedback before i go and buy new shit....

thanks

If it were me, i would get the new rings, and the Bearings. Im sure you can use the old rings, but its better just to be safe. The bearings would just be added insurance, i say go for it.

i tried using used rings when i built my motor. i was rebuilding it again in the car on the ground in my one car garage. i learned the hard way

yeah man better be safe then sorry its not fun rippen down to the block to put new rings in when you could of just put htem in when it was all taken apart lol......deffinatley get new ones .......the bearings should be fine! :spin:

Back