quick advice on Subaru legacy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

right now we've got killer deals on the new Legacy's as well as cash back on the last of the 2013 new ones. I suggest you NOT get a base. I know it's more affordable but trust me you'll regret not getting the premium or higher after a few months or year. the alloys and interior bits make it feel like such a better car.

why not look for a new 2013 if they have one? the rates are retarded low and I'm sure the payments wouldn't be too far off. send me a vin and if I can locate it I can tell you ALL the money they have for you to negotiate. :)

I wish you were closer I'd give you one. we don't sell much here and can't give these fuckers away. :( we're even throwing in holdback, etc and people still won't open the door. they just don't know about them in my town and still stuck on the Accord Camry mentality. IMHO the Legacy is such a nicer car for the money

2011 legacy premium. 20k miles 100k bumper to bumper warranty. They gave me 3k for my 95dx hatch with 133k on it

Last edited:
That's a much better hit than the one before. But you know that your Civic goes for a TON of money up there vs anywhere else.

Seriously people, if you want to sell your 90s Civic - Drive it to the NW corner. Prices are fucking retarded up there.

i was going to say thats a damn good price for the 13.
buddy of mine was looking at some used ones around here, he found one at the dealer (certified used subaru) with i think 20k on it, and they were still wanting aounr 25ish for it.

also, the engine is a new design in the 2013's i believe. supposed to have fully cured the head gasket issues.

you wont regret a subaru though, especially being in an area that you actually need one lol.

probably should have worked with taco too, he may have made it worth your time to fly to fl for one.

which reminds me, taco, what kind of deals you have going on down there. my buddy has been eyeballing the outbacks for a while now, but has problems pulling the trigger. no deals good enough in our area, and hes not afraid of a little bit of travel.

so you traded in your car so she could have one?

I bought a Tacoma a couple years ago so she's been driving the civic.

Sticker price was $23,880 i paid 18k. My cousin told me they were in it 17,400 so i feel like we did alright. Got 2 full sets of floor mats one cloth one rubber plus the full trunk mat thrown in as we were walkin out the door. Not much but I'll take everything i can.

My civic needed brakes and cv's to so i dodged that work lol

Last edited:
i like the accord allot to but its a v6. thats the only thing i was really unsure about. are they as reliable as the 4cyl? i know they dont get the mileage but there not terrible at supposedly just under 30
I had nothing but problems with the 6. I would stay away but that's just me. The guy across the street from me has one and has had zero issues with it.

Really good looking car. I think in the long run it'll be great.

Bet your wife is happy to have something comfortable to drive finally!

Bet your wife is happy to have something comfortable to drive finally!
yea she is beyond excited. we got home after showing it off to some friends and she flipped through the entire owners manual and asked a million questions about everything. first thing this morning he went out and set up all the homelink stuff

If i want to get a factory nav system where is the best place to look other than Ebay?

Go aftermarket. Not worth the hassle in making it work. Plus for the money a new nav unit installed will do MORE and be cheaper

And sound quality will be much better. The factory unit is made by pioneer. Go get a pioneer unit

Not sure what the nav system is for anymore. We never used my wife's, it was easier to push the button on the phone and say "directions to X store in X city" done. I've since removed my wife's nav system and ebayed it.

Now she has a bluetooth head unit. Paired up with my phone or hers, it acts just like a real nav system - the screen. Lowers the radio volume, "in 1 mile, make a right turn onto taco street" and raises the volume again.

:werd:
i do dealer swaps on my days off and many of the cars have GPS... i never use it... my phone is easier, more accurate, and more convenient

my phone's GPS has:
voice input
constantly updated maps
traffic alerts
more points of interest
helpful apps (gas buddy, hotels.com, etc)
ability to call businesses

Back