quick advice on Subaru legacy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I would agree with what has been said so far about GPS units. I've never personally seen one that actually works as well as an Android phone gps

If you have an iPhone the new ios7 navigation is awesome. The key is Bluetooth sync with the car.

To be honest i never really use gps at all. I was being kinda superficial and just thinking about looks and resale in the future and figured the nav would help if i could get it for a good deal

Nav helps on the resale value no doubt, but you'll pay more up front than you'll benefit from on the backside.

Nav helps on the resale value no doubt, but you'll pay more up front than you'll benefit from on the backside.
yea for some reason i didnt think a factory unit would $400+.

As far as buying one from ebay or another place, places hang on to them for insurance reasons, like theft or a broken radio then get top dollar because you don't have many options when it comes to fixing factory hav systems.

lol, $400 will get you just the map disc.

majority of the time, to buy just a nav unit from a dealer will actually run you about $3-4000+.
when its built into the car from factory, its probably cheaper, being a part of the package, but just that by itself from the parts dept will be too much. keep in mind, this is usually part of the radio/climate control unit, which is one reason why its so damned expensive.

hell, just the replace the screen on one will run you about a grand.

i picked up a factory NAV from a 2013 veloster, it was ~600 bucks installed by myself. needed a cable to go to the telemetry unit in the passenger side kick panel. install took about 20 minutes.

the aftermarket plug and play units were all cheap chinese shit and ROSEN didnt make one yet so it was the best way to go.

i picked up a factory NAV from a 2013 veloster, it was ~600 bucks installed by myself. needed a cable to go to the telemetry unit in the passenger side kick panel. install took about 20 minutes.

the aftermarket plug and play units were all cheap chinese shit and ROSEN didnt make one yet so it was the best way to go.

All the Ebay units i was looking at were Rosen

All the Ebay units i was looking at were Rosen

i had a rosen double din unit in my 2009 corolla, it was superb. i believe the $400 units are refurbs! just as good as new. and their service/support is excellent.

431581_10150666103371763_1934221633_n.jpg

399858_10150650935126763_2108377518_n.jpg

if it's only going to be $400 and be plug and play sure. it's cheaper than an aftermarket.

ROSEN is aftermarket.... but higher end-like. theres no wiring play or metra harnesses required.

the toyota guys swear by them up and down. personally i never paid more than $175 for a headunit before the ROSEN. it was always alpine, or later on pioneer.

it worked great. and all because i couldn't get a toyota ipod adapter working with the craptory radio.

So its time for an oil change on the new car and was wondering if i have to do anything special to not screw up my warranty?

not really. if you are doing it at the dealership then they keep the records.
if you are going to another shop, just keep the records. call the subaru dealer or look in your maint book to see what is recommended at your mileage.

So its time for an oil change on the new car and was wondering if i have to do anything special to not screw up my warranty?

If your motor blows up and Subaru can prove that your oil hasn't been changed, they can turn down the warranty work.

Subaru can't just say, nope, you didn't change your oil here or don't gave records of it being changed so no warranty for you. They would need to have your oil sent out and document that it was neglect on your end with having bad/old oil.

FTR I use Rotella T6 in my subaru and a Pure One Purolater filter. Full synth oil change for $26 bucks.

I typically use mobile 1 but I may try something different with the suby. Def gonna go synthetic anything better than mobile 1 that doesn't cost and arm and a leg?

Back