Quick compression question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Will I have trouble running 13:1 pistons in my B20VTEC on 93 octane as a daily driver?

Thanks for the input guys. Just wondering would it HURT anything or just not run so good? Also I read on here and other forum of people running 12/12.5:1 on 93 with no problems is there really that big of difference between 12.5 and 13?

Another thing i was wondering, I have access to 100 octane but it is $4.50 a gallon would it actually help if I were to mix say 1 or 2 gallons of 100 in with every fill up or do you think the mix between the two would just kind of dilute the 100 enough to not really make a difference.

If you blend 92 and 100, this chart shows how diluting the 92 and 100 will increase the average octane.

Gasblending.gif

There are other charts out there for 90, 91, 92, 93 and so on octane, but it's pretty easy to calculate by hand.

i just realized you live in cali do you think that you are going to pass smog.. and also the toluene is not very good from what i have been told and read

Back