Quick electrical question please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

-94-AccordH22

hi all.
pretty much my car is ghetto rigged and gets me to work fine throwing codes left and right. but im pretty confused on the wiring deal. im sure i got most of it because the car runs somewhat fine. its a 94 accord lx auto, swapped with a 95 h22a manual. there is a couple left over wires and some stuff doesnt work. im trying so hard to get the car out of Ni***r rig status.

there is a green circle connector towards the front of the accord harness. the book SAYS this is the tdc sensor but others say thats inside the dizzy and that the big block plug covers that already?
next is the VSS switch. this is the one pissin me off the most. i found the only unplugged 3 prong connector on the accord harness and plugged it in and it doesnt work. (speedo) what connector on the accord harness goes to the h22 tranny?

thanks

Quoted post[/post]]
hi all.
pretty much my car is ghetto rigged and gets me to work fine throwing codes left and right. but im pretty confused on the wiring deal. im sure i got most of it because the car runs somewhat fine. its a 94 accord lx auto, swapped with a 95 h22a manual. there is a couple left over wires and some stuff doesnt work. im trying so hard to get the car out of Ni***r rig status.

there is a green circle connector towards the front of the accord harness. the book SAYS this is the tdc sensor but others say thats inside the dizzy and that the big block plug covers that already?
next is the VSS switch. this is the one pissin me off the most. i found the only unplugged 3 prong connector on the accord harness and plugged it in and it doesnt work. (speedo) what connector on the accord harness goes to the h22 tranny?

thanks

I don't know what happened there.

The VSS should be on the rear of the tranny, towards the firewall. It is a three prong connector. On auto trannies, the VSS is below the intake area, close to the bellhousing area.

yea i know where its at. but my vss is different from others. instead of having the 3 prong connector hard mounted. its got 3 wire coming out of the sensor itself. and onto a connector. but i plugged in the only 3 prong connector my ACCORD harness had and it doesnt work . so yea im pwned

Quoted post[/post]]
yea i know where its at. but my vss is different from others. instead of having the 3 prong connector hard mounted. its got 3 wire coming out of the sensor itself. and onto a connector. but i plugged in the only 3 prong connector my ACCORD harness had and it doesnt work . so yea im pwned

Ok, so it has a pigtail. That's not uncommon. They also go out time to time on used vehicles. I've seen several of them go bad in my friends' cars. It's not expensive to buy another one off of Ebay.

As far as three prong connectors go, I think the EGR, MAP sensor, and VSS are three prongs. They might plug onto eachother, but I never tried.

no becuase on mine the map and oil pressure sensor and those are all circular 3 prongs. the vss is the ONLY 3 prong rectangle in the area of that side of the car. i either have a bad vss or got the wires mixed up. (i had to cut and lengthen)
im just looking for colors if anyone has them handy.

the vss is off a prelude and the wires from that are black, orange, and black/white. im looking for what colors off the accord harness go to those 3.

thanks

sorry for this add. didnt want to waiste a new topic on this. what did you guys do for the 3rd bolt holding the clutch pedal on?

i know you have to drill the hole. and it comes through where the wiper motor is. but what bolt did you guys use and is there a trick or is it all self explanitory?

thanks

well ive been gone for a while so i just wanted to add my 2 cents. the VSS and EGR use the same plug, but not wires. ive heard of quite a few people that have plugged into the wrong sensor and they get limp mode and now speedo or tach.

right. they are the circular ones. on back side of TB and in front of intake pipe?
so im going to just switch them and see what happens

Back