quick hood clearance question...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im wondering about what hood to buy for my crx w/ gsr swap...i chopped some of the webbing out on my stock hood so now my hood closes but it still rubs a bit and if i could get a new hood that will clear the motor completly then i will. problem is i dont know which hood nor do i know where to find it. someone told me that i shoul get a jdm hood, but which one??? thanks for taking the time to read this...

i have an LS in my hatch and the hood is fine, before you go spend $$$ on a diff hood see if using washers to lower the engine a little helps, if not, get a ZC hood

edit: english>me

what mounts. we have the hasport in a 91 si and we cant close the hood at all. we were told that any aftermarket cf hood will fit just not the oem oneso you might wanna look in to that.
see if using washers to lower the engine a little
if that can be done id try that too.

my hood closes with my lsv...but my engine sits lower in the bay....so i would get the hood and not drop the motor further into the bay....

With the hasport mounts you need to cut some of the support metal from the inside of the hood to make it fit. However, you shouldn't need a new hood to make it fit.

Back