1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick hood clearance question...

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by sleeper_crx88, Mar 16, 2005.

1. sleeper_crx88

sleeper_crx88 Member

im wondering about what hood to buy for my crx w/ gsr swap...i chopped some of the webbing out on my stock hood so now my hood closes but it still rubs a bit and if i could get a new hood that will clear the motor completly then i will. problem is i dont know which hood nor do i know where to find it. someone told me that i shoul get a jdm hood, but which one??? thanks for taking the time to read this...

2. racintweek

racintweek Senior Member

i have an LS in my hatch and the hood is fine, before you go spend $$$ on a diff hood see if using washers to lower the engine a little helps, if not, get a ZC hood

edit: english>me

3. PhyRe

PhyRe Senior Member

what mounts. we have the hasport in a 91 si and we cant close the hood at all. we were told that any aftermarket cf hood will fit just not the oem oneso you might wanna look in to that.
    if that can be done id try that too.

4. formby

formby learning in progress

my hood closes with my lsv...but my engine sits lower in the bay....so i would get the hood and not drop the motor further into the bay....

5. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

With the hasport mounts you need to cut some of the support metal from the inside of the hood to make it fit. However, you shouldn't need a new hood to make it fit.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted