quick hp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

hey guys, im thinking about tweaking out my d15b2 for little. it already has intake and exhaust, but i am thinking about port matching and advancing timing. does anyone know if its possible to weld and grind head to increase compression? and also what else can be done that doesnt require buying expensive parts(tuning wise maybe)?

yes you can do that but it would be more expensive then milling it down
and it may shroud your valves if it isnt done right

im not going all out with this, i just want something cheap so a whole new motor is too much, considering it will be swapped out next year...

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Sep 23 2004, 03:48 PM
lose the b2 and get an si motor for 200 bucks. the b2 it a pice of shit motor
[post=394008]Quoted post[/post]​

Hell, i sold my D16Z6 for 100$.

If you are going to do all that to a D115b2, you should at least do an MPFI swap. With an Si intake manifold. Otherwise you are still workign with two tiny injectors. The MPFI swap is super cheap, it cost me under $200 bucks to do mine, and I am sure it is super easy to do for under $250 still.

Mini me swap??? throw a z6 head on that bad boy... its a good upgrade and itsnt that hard. its as hard as doin a head gasket... with adding some wires for MFPI-if needed- and pulling the oil restrictor plug... :thumbsup:

Find a turbo car in the junkyard and raid it for all the parts you can. A ghetto turbo kit running like 5 pounds will give you more gain than all the bolt ons in the world. It's pretty easy to do and can be very cheap also.

Back