Quick IAC question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ThatGuy4life

The Riced Sleeper
Have a debate with one of my boys. On a 2000 Si the IAC is on the intake itself and not the 3rd runner of the IM, correct?

on the back of the intake manifold, same as all the rest of the b series engines.
The small sensor that is on the 3rd runner is the intake air temp sensor (IAT), and on a 2000 civic Si, it shuldn't even be there.

Whoops, wrong acronym, I meant the IAT is on the intake itself in the Si right? asking cause my boy saw where I blocked off the space on the 3rd runner where the IAT would go if my engine was in it's orignal chasis and he thinks i'm missing a plug. I told him it's on the intake

Like I said above, the b16a2 in teh 2000 si doesn't have an IAT on the intake at all, its not on the back or on the runner.
WHen I put a b16a2 into my eg hatch I had to get an obd1 manifold in order to put the sensor on the engine.
Hope I helped.

Ithink you're misunderstanding me. The Si IAT goes on the Intake itself is what i'm asking, intake tube, CAI tube,? Look on my CAI, you see the sensor that's plug into it, what's that

pics027.jpg

Last edited:
o o o, haha, common mistake, yes, that should be your IAT, on your intake TUBE, lol, I thought you meant the manifold itself.
They relocated that on the 2000 Si, all the rest of the b series engines have it built into the 3rd runner like you said before.

o o o, haha, common mistake, yes, that should be your IAT, on your intake TUBE, lol, I thought you meant the manifold itself.
They relocated that on the 2000 Si, all the rest of the b series engines have it built into the 3rd runner like you said before.
Thanks, my boy had me believing that I was calling the sensor by the wrong name for the past 7 years

Back