Quick lock steering setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thork86

I'm a bit confused with these. I think the idea is great, and I'd love to install a smaller wheel/quick release hub and then have the quick-lock by NRG for the hub. Could I use the NRG quick-lock on the cheap ebay steering wheel/hub combos, or must it be used on the expensive NRG quick release hubs?

Thanks!

(example of cheap ebay stuff I'm talking about: eBay Motors: SPOON STEERING WHEEL +HUB 88 89 90 91 HONDA CIVIC/CRX (item 150129277326 end time Jun-08-07 17:48:26 PDT)
)

so you want a quick release? ok i have one of these. if you want the smaller version. which you probably do. then just buy a cheap ass ebay steering wheel. (only the wheel!) then buy either a sparco or momo hub. (i used a momo) then just buy either a (recommend) nrg version 2.5 quick release or buy the nrg slim version.if you need pics of an install let me know.

sure, pics of install would be great...

but why do i need ALL those pieces.

wouldnt i just need an NRG slim quick release hub, and the quick-lock system?

or does the NRG quick release hub require a different hub, like Momo or such, to attack to?

Yeah I guess a visual would help :)

well the hub adapter is required no matter what. then you add the quick release on to that, and then the steering wheel. but you have a few options on the quick release of your choice.i'll get those pics up soon.

Ok, so before I go through and buy everything... the question is; does a quick-release kit require you to have a race/aftermarket wheel and hub to begin with? Basicaly, you cant just buy the quick release kit and a wheel, you need the hub as well?

This is my understanding... please correct me if I am not getting it correctly :)

yes. if you want to use the quick release from any company you need a hub adapter. even if you don't use a quick release you need a hub adapter.

Back