Quick Power Steering question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ThatGuy4life

The Riced Sleeper
For those of you still running the power steering, do ya'll stick to what it says about using only the Honda ps flui or do u use the autozone brand or any other ps fluid. Just wanna know cause since i'm out of my city right now and the one that i'm in don't have a dealership

autozone has honda specific PS fluid... i saw it there the other night when i was getting a new headlight

this brings up a very good point, Honda recommends taht you use honda approved p/s fluid in their power steering systems, I don't know what additives they put in it, but I do know that if you use anything else it will cause your system to leak and fail, and if your car is under warranty, you will void your warranty if they discover that you used to other "universal" p/s fluid.
Most if not all of the aftermarket companies that sell p/s fluid have a honda specific formula along with their regular stuff.
It may be a little more money, but it is worth it to do it right and not have to worry about it.

Back