quick q' about brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
I just picked up a set of 2000 GSR front spindals/calipers/rotors for my 89 CRX. I know they bolt up and fit, but is there a size difference between thise and say an LS, GS? are they bigger is what I am asking. and yes I did search for this. everyone talks about LS, EX brakes but not GSR.

matt

all teg brakes (non R's) are the same. They have 10.2 in rotors. I have heard 2 thigns about the calipers. I have heard that they are the same, and I have heard romors that they are 1 or 2mm bigger. Either way, they will make your car stop a hell of a lot better.

Since the pistons are bigger then your stock brakes, it would be a good idea to upgrade to a bigger master cylinder. The easiest one to fit on is the 1991 Honda Civic EX 4-door master cylinder.

The part number from Honda is 46100-SH4-A11

thanks asmalsol. I already have the gsr BB/MC/PP installed in the car. rear ls disk swap, but wanted bigger in the front(and still be able to run a smaller whell-15-16"). i think my setup is complete now. i just wanted to diuble check on the sizes.

matt

Back