Quick question about speed...not the drug.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nofxSOHCcrx

I'm just curious about how fast everyone has gone in their Hondas. I've been to about 147, give or take a few MPH. I'm also curious on what made you go that fast lol. I was racing on an off road a few miles out of town, then someone yells cops, so everyone jumped into any car they saw first (friend ended up with like 3 people he didn't know) and took off. When we got to the highway we pinned it to win it! It was 147 and almost maxed on my RPMs. I thought my engine was going to blow...so I slowed down. Always wished I had a 6th gear though...Don't get me wrong, I'm not bragging or anything, because fr one, I don't think 147 is that fast, and two, it was extremely stupid to do it. Haven't done that in a long ass time.

Is speed not a drug?

147 in an 89 crx eh? How would you know? You talking about KM/H or something? What kind of setup are you running?

Fastest I've driven on a public road is about 102, just to say I did. Was somewhere on the 200 mile stretch between Chicago and Springfield. Just as I hit 100 I saw a cop under the next overpass. There were a few other cars with me so I was hoping he wasn't trained on me. Hit the brakes as much as I could without being obvious and diving the nose; I got down to about 75 (speed limit 65) before I passed him and fortunately he didn't come after me.

I still commute around 80-85 when traffic allows, but my need for anything faster was satisfied after that.

Last edited:
Mph. It was crazy. At the time it was only an SI. D16A6. Pinned to the floor, screamin like hell. Believe me, I was amazed that I could even get that high. I was about 6500 rpm in 5th. only mods were Ram air intake...no tube at all, filter straight to intake lol. full 2 3/4 magnaflow exhaust, straight piped...hollowed out cat, msd, lightweight fly, stage 2 clutch, and some lightweight pulleys. That engine ran like a pro. I noticed after doing this, the high rpm range started making a crazy noise when I started getting up there. It's the same car and engine in my build thread. Brother just replaced the crank bearings on it, and got a complete gasket kit for it. Hopefully it will stay together for him. I've had more badluck babying ZC's, than I've had romping on that D16.

Your speedo would have been burried either way, the tach would be correct either way.. As correct as factory tachs are, anyway.

i have had my prelude bouncing off 140..... so iam sure i was doing about 145-150mph. only did that once and i really didnt mean to. i was just runniong it wide open and happend to have some room.....no traffic. once i looked at the speed'o i was like oh shit! and i slowed down.... thats the fastest i have been in my honda.

Yeah, speedo tached out. We figured it was about 145ish because guy said he was going about 130 when we went by him, couldn't really judge how much faster. But good info to know,147 corrected to 135.

Always wanted to drive an S2000. They good handling and all?-at high speeds

back in my much younger dumber street racing days i topped out several cars....

-i had a 68 falcon that i pinned the speedo well past 120 on many occasions... that shit is so scary to even think about now. the car had 4 wheel drum brakes and only had lap belts!

-got a bolt-on DA up to 140 racing a Si on the highway.

-another DA with b16a with bolt ons i got to 135

-my current DC i ran up to 120 one day just for the hell of it

its good if you are single. or have more than one car. when she baught it they wouldnt let you test drive it till you signed the papers to buy, then if you didnt like it then they would tare up the paper work. there where only two in the state of texas when my mom got hers. i think it was when they first came out........

Very high wound.. To really use the car you have to have it very high up in the RPMs, otherwise you are putting around with 50hp. If you get it into its power band in any gear above second, you are speeding.

My Speed's w/various honda's that I have driven

1990 honda civic dx 1.5l - 100 mph
1999 honda civic lx 1.5l - 100 mph (limited)
1994 honda civic ex 1.6 sohc - 120 mph
1994 honda civic ex 1.6 dohc - 120 (b16 engine)

1996 nissan 240sx 2.0l - 150 mph (sr20det)

90 crx Si - 70mph
b18 swapped 90 si - 70mph
97 teg - 70mph
97 teg with I/H/E - 70mph
91 zc crx - 70mph
06 S2000 - 70mph
07 CBR 1000rr - 71mph

Back