quick question bout exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

critchy88

well im away workin now and as soon as i get home..the first thing being done with my car is the exhaust..got headers picked out...but for cat back im stumped..i no wat i want to do.i want to replace the cat with a magnaflow univeral muffler and run a custom dual from there back..my uncle owns a garage with a pipe bender so i mean its easily done....ooorrrr do you think i shud just say fuck it and go with a cat back system? i dont really care a whole lot about power increase...but i want nice sound and i no if i go with a magnaflow ill have loud but not like the fartcan sound and that way i can have 4 exhaust tips ^_^ haha not one big fucker...so let me no wat you guys think.:huh:...

you want a magnaflow high flow cat, not muffler.. have your uncle jsut bend you a catback.. it'd be cheaper.. 4 exhaust tips huh.. damn, why did i even waste my time here

i just like the look of dual tips on each side...and i dont want a converter on the car das the point of puttin the muffler there

sorry i cant be of assistance.. i dont condone with asshatism

HS RA strikes :D

He's right though, thats ricer x100. Removing the cat will NOT make it sound nice!! Get a good high flow cat, resonator and decent muffler all in a larger size piping, 2.5" will be nice.

how would u get through an emmisions test without a cat?

yeah magnaflow does put out nice sound, not too ricey. and as they both said your gonna wanna look at a cat back. but i wanted to add that if your plannin to do a dual conversion, and if you dont want it to hang like a limp noodle then your also gonna want to look into either having your rear end modified or puttin on a new one.

Dual exhaust on 4 banger accomplishes what?

Cherry bomb! FTW!
CCLCBD.jpg

my set up on my civic
header
flex
2.25" riffled resonator
some 2.5"pipe
2.5" round style muffler [magnaflow]
some more crushed 2.5" piping
2.5"oval style [magnaflow] muffler

no tip

has a slight droan[1.5-3.5k] but no buzzing and it gets less loud as you go up in the rpm

well i see where you are all comming from and im goin to take it all into consideration im just gonna build my own cat back lol...but im stickin with my dual setup...just for looks basicly as i said i dont care about power ..and in newfoundland there are no emissions tests..so dats not a problem.

a dual exhaust is gonna sound like shit on a 4 banger.. especially straight piped

Yea man, you said you want it to sound good not bad. So don't do duals. Just do a custom cat back. That's what I did. I have a H22 in my accord and when I had it put in about 5 months ago I wanted a nice sound and low at the same time. I have headers magnaflow cat and magnaflow muffler. All I did was have custom 2.25 piping did and I always get compliments on my exhaust. Even from people that don't like imports. I've been told to have one of the best sounding exhaust in my town.

ok..well i no wat im doin now then...headers to magna cat..2.5 rest of the way back to a magnaflow muffler...sound good?

sounds a lot better than what you had planned in the first place.. if you're wanting to stay with a stock looking muffler, check out Dynomax also.. its quieter than the Magnaflow muffler.. i've had both

the deltaflow from flowmaster is another good one if u want to be civil, personaly i like mine obnoxious with a lot of fuss.

hahha well guys thats y i wanted your input to see wats best option...and i to dont care about being quiet i hope when i lay it on the floor i wake up the dead lol...noise and emissions test are not a problem for me lol

if all you want is a loud ass exhaust .. just buy an eBay muffler for $30 and weld it onto your exhaust ..

Back