quick question...is the evoultions cable, linkage, or direct?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hondatuner88

Anyone know how the evos shift there gears?? I seen ppl really crack the gears on evos like extreme motorsports evo at the track...I wounder if there cable shift? Linkage (like civics), or directly on top of the trans?? Thanks...Also how the hell do you really really nail the gears like ppl at the drag strip?? Never mastered it...Any tips? Like I heard some ppl dont evens let off the gas when the bang gears....

I think it's right on top of the trans...

Come to think of it, I wonder how my Audi's linkage is. I never was really interested in trying to get up there to look.

When I do the Allroad trans mounts I'll know. :shrug2:

cable shifter linkage. just like my mirage, and all other non-truck fwd/awd mitsus.

i could shift my old 89 daytona without lettin off the gas. although, power-shifting is harder in cars with more power. but, awd would help.

really, i'm surprised the clutch in that old dodge i had still works. my dad's driven it to work a few times in the past couple weeks. 45 mile commute easy.

and, for a shifter to be mounted directly to the transmission, you have to have longitudinal engine setup; not a transverse like the mitsu.

Quoted post[/post]]
cable shifter linkage. just like my mirage, and all other non-truck fwd/awd mitsus.
Werd, she be a cable linkage. The problem with the earlier 8's is the transfer case (weak open diff, now replaced with helical LSD) and the synchros were shotty and had recalls on them.

Back