Quick Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Rev_Happy

Hey guys, im thinkin about picking up a 97 CX hatchback. I wanna use a USDM motor for the swap since i live in cali and want to keep it smog legal. I was thinking about either Integra Type R or GSR motor. Questions i have, is to be able to make the car legal, i have to have a 97 or newer motor right? do i have to get a certain year because of OBDII? thnx

If you're in Cali, than use a same year or newer motor, and use all the emissions equipment the motor ran with originally, cat, ECU, etc.. This means if you install say an H22, you need to hook up the EGR system, but B series don't have those, just an example.

oh ok, cool, thnx guys. which years are the OBDII-A? is it 96-98? also will i keep the AC and power steering with a B18?

Originally posted by Rev_Happy@Dec 31 2004, 04:04 PM
oh ok, cool, thnx guys. which years are the OBDII-A? is it 96-98? also will i keep the AC and power steering with a B18?
[post=439640]Quoted post[/post]​

obd2a is 96-98 and yes you can keep your AC and your powersteering, but you might have to use the pump from the b series engine because the bolt pattern is different.

96-99 is OBD2a for integra engines & ecu's.
00-01 is OBD2b for integra's (immobilizer equipped ecu's).

96-98 is OBD2a for civics

ahh ok, is there somewhere that tells me everying that is involved in the B18 swap? like how to do the wiring for the ECU and keeping it OBD2? just everything in general that i would do/need for making the car run.

Back