Quick release hub

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Xaero3953

Rest In Peace
I have a tenzo r steering wheel, and want to purchase a quick-release hub, for some added protection, the only problem is i don't want to get a cheap ass 10 dollar one from ebay, it's like getting a set of wheel locks that are made by the thousands with the same key...

Is there a "custom" or "special" one i need to buy to keep mine apart from the rest, or is the generic the only route to go?

P.S. price isn't really an issue, i'd rather pay 200 to keep my car than 10K to replace it :laugh:

Well, all quick release hubs are going to function the same way. The difference is in the manufacturing process and the components.

esses makes quick release hubs. Not sure on price. Also, speedway motors sells them fairly cheap for a quality unit. Speedway is mainly circle track and dirt track parts, so they're not going to be a "cheap ass 10 dollar one".

If you're thinking that you'll deter theft simply by removing the steering wheel, you're sorely mistaken. Unless you lock the wheel up where they can't get to it, or carry it with you when you leave your car, it will take maybe 5 seconds for a thief to locate the wheel and snap it back in.

Thanks for the info :laugh:

I'm looking into the Esses hub. The wheel would go in wherever with me, not left in the car, I'm not blonde.

lol

okay then. I'm not sure about the esses hubs. My friend has a hub from Speedway, and if you can deal with it being anodized purple, it's a very nice unit.

Back