1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick suspension question....

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by gunz2165, Mar 13, 2008.

  1. gunz2165

    gunz2165 Member

    Likes Received:
    Jun 28, 2004
    i have a 93 civic hatch and i put a 2001 integra swap in it. the camber of my car is all screwed up so i bought a camber kit to put on my car. my only question is how exactly do i put it on? ive never done a camber kit before.
  2. civicious

    civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

    Likes Received:
    Jun 15, 2003
    Houston, TX
    If you can't figure it out, you need to take it to a shop and have them do it. You'll need to get it aligned anyways.
  3. UNDR8D

    UNDR8D ...has a job!

    Likes Received:
    Sep 13, 2007
    Ya, and even if you properly install the parts, you still need to have it correctly aligned, which is near impossible to do on your own...
  4. coco_nut909

    coco_nut909 Joker

    Likes Received:
    Jan 25, 2008
    negative isnt all that bad On the contrary with any built honda or acura you want a bit negative camber and actually they all ready come out from the dealer with neg camber. unless your car is slamed to the floor then you need this


    you'll need these tools


    First, jack up the car and take the wheel off. I started on the driver's side (left) first.


    Look at the tread... ouch


    A couple pics of the OE upper arm.



    Now open the hood and locate the two 14mm flange bolt (by the red arrows)



    you might have to move the hose a bit to fit the tool in there to take the flange bolt off.


    Loosen them up with the 14mm socket.

    Next, remove the cotter pin, then loosen and remove the castle nut beneath the ball joint boot on the upper arm. This is indicated by the blue arrow on the close-up pic above.

    This is where I ran into a little trouble. After removing the castle nut and the two flange bolts, I couldn't get the old upper arm off. I got kind of frustrated and hacked the ball joint boot to pieces and hammered it out from beneath. It worked but it was a bit messy. <_<


    Then take the old upper arm off and replace it with the skunk2 unit. Each arm is stamped with either and R for Right or L for Left. I don't think it really matters, but remember to put the L on the driver's side and R on the passenger's.


    Here is what it looks like after putting the skunk2 unit on and tightening the bolts (the flange bolts should be tightened to 40 lbf.ft according to the service manual)




    Put the wheel back on after checking the bolts and you're done for that side! :)

    The other side was a lot easier. Now that I knew how to do it it was a breeze and I didn't even have to destroy the old ball joint boot. One thing is you'll have to take out the battery when working on the passenger's side.

    Here are where the passenger side flange bolts are



    This whole install shouldn't take you more than an hour and a half.

    I hope this will help out some of you.

    Now I'm off to get it aligned :)
    Attached Thumbnails[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page