1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Swap question

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by hondanewb, Aug 17, 2003.

1. hondanewb

hondanewb Junior Member

my friend told me that an LS motor and a GSr head would be a good thing to start off with. would this be a good idea or what? this would go into a 2k civic sedan most likely if i don't buy hatch any suggestions would be helpful. I plan to go boost within the year of putting in the engine. thanks in advance

-albert

p.s - take a look at the name so try to put it in the most newbie terms as possible.. lol

2. tymasterflex

tymasterflex Member

for the serious and most "car competent" people, boosting a vtec motor (thats what the LS/GSR head will be...LS/VTEC) is the best way to go, more room for improvement. HOWEVER, if you dont know much about tuning, or you dont want to spend a lot of money tuning, i would stick with the non vtec turbo build up.

3. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

dont waist ur $$ on an LS/Vtec/Turbo, altho it would be a nice setup, u will have to build it like no tomorrow to get it to be working properly. if $$ is a problem, go LS/Turbo, if $$ isnt a problem go GSR/Turbo.

4. kyleirwin

kyleirwin Retired OG

nugga please, how so? how would it be any different than any other turbo build?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted