Quick Swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondanewb

my friend told me that an LS motor and a GSr head would be a good thing to start off with. would this be a good idea or what? this would go into a 2k civic sedan most likely if i don't buy hatch any suggestions would be helpful. I plan to go boost within the year of putting in the engine. thanks in advance

-albert

p.s - take a look at the name so try to put it in the most newbie terms as possible.. lol

for the serious and most "car competent" people, boosting a vtec motor (thats what the LS/GSR head will be...LS/VTEC) is the best way to go, more room for improvement. HOWEVER, if you dont know much about tuning, or you dont want to spend a lot of money tuning, i would stick with the non vtec turbo build up.

dont waist ur $$ on an LS/Vtec/Turbo, altho it would be a nice setup, u will have to build it like no tomorrow to get it to be working properly. if $$ is a problem, go LS/Turbo, if $$ isnt a problem go GSR/Turbo.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Aug 18 2003, 01:21 AM
dont waist ur $$ on an LS/Vtec/Turbo, altho it would be a nice setup, u will have to build it like no tomorrow to get it to be working properly.

nugga please, how so? how would it be any different than any other turbo build?

Back