Quick Turbo Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

taimorkhan

I have a 94 stock accord and i was wondering if i should put a t3/t4 turbo in it. i read a blog somewhere about f22s blowing out when people install turbos in it. i really dont want to swap the engine on my car, would a t3/t4 work well on my engine?

this is the turbo im looking at right now

any advice would be helpful.

thanks.

I'm not an expert on this but your compression ratio in your car is 9.6:1 which is not too bad and if you were to be boosting, IMO I wouldn't wanna go past 7psi even with a good tune. I don't know how well these rods or any internal parts last or handle. See for the B18a/b they come stock 9.4:1 which is only .2 lower than yours and a lot of people say just for the safe side run no more than 7psi. Its very possible to run more but who knows how long the internals will last. Also its not how much psi the internals can handle its the HP, I think(anyone wanna help me on this one)???? I would run 5psi with 9:6 C/R for the F22's. Like I said I don't know much about the accord motors but its all generally the same thing but like everyone says.....the most important thing is TUNING. I'm sure someone will correct me on something here. I'm learning as I go too just like everyone else. Good luck with your accord man.

Supposedly the bottom ends of those engines are pretty strong.. and the PSI isn't very important it's the HP numbers that you need to be concerned with like you mentioned. And yes, tuning is more important than anything as you can blow an engine with just few pounds of boost if it is not tuned properly.

I would probably look at a different turbo kit though..

Also just to mention that Ebay turbos, I hear are really cheap and literally glued on together. You basically get what you pay for. Precision, Garrett, Turbonetics....other turbo I can't name are a little more expensive but a lot more reliable and definitely not glued. I would basically buy the turbo separate but get the piping and intercooler together. Just a suggestion

just butting in... about the intercooler piping kits, Are those any good? just the universal ones for maybe 200 on ebay? i mean the only things i can see that would need replacing is the couplings if there junk... any other imput?

Well I haven't heard much about those and I would just buy probably the kit specifically for your car. It makes it less complicated and I would think that they are pretty good kits. Cause basically all it is, is just piping like any other piping. I have seen some really crappy worthless coupling. I guess it depends on who sells it and that I wouldn't know anyone good. Sorry

Back