quick ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sloenuf

i have a quick question... i can get a ls vtec dropout from a local shop who sells em... its a ls bottom end with ls rods, new bearings, p30 pistons, arp head studs, cosmetic head gasket, b16 head, b16 tranny, chipped ecu for $3700... how safe would it be for high revs with the ls rods?

LS don't have the girdles of the VTEC motors, thus limiting revs, i have seen numerous LSVTEC that has blown when over-revved, NOT TO SAY that the lsvtec motor is bad, it just requires more building. i have seen lsvtec that has been built right that has run really nice, i say spend time on the bottom block, good bluepringting and modifications will be a big insurance policy.

how high of revs could it take with ls rods and pistons?

arp rod bolts are a must.....thats the least you should do to the bottom end...the next thing is a gurdle

you dont need a girdle. and LS rod bolts wont handle 8200 RPMS for too long if at all.

and if you pay 3700 for that swap you are getting ripped off. for that much they should at least have aftermarket rods and aftermarket pistons. and an upgraded valvetrain w/ cams.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
8000 rpm. dont take it above 8000.
answer to your question right here

With a stock b16 head you would stop making power around 8200 anyway. If you want to be a little safer replace the weak LS rod bolts with some ARP's

i dynoed mine a few weeks ago. my ls vec stop making power at 7400ish. stock rods except for the pistons(Pr3). The day after i threw a rod :cry: . If you have ANY weakness in your motor the dyno will bring it out. I used to rev to 8000 the motor at least 2 a day and no problems. Obvously that stopped when i realized where my power dropped.

my suggestion is get rid of those rods AT LEAST.

$3,700 for LS Bottom End, Ls Rods, New Bearings, Honda P30 Pistons with new rings, ARP head studs, Cosmetic Head Gasket, B16 head, LS/Vtec line kit, Exedy Clutch, B16 tranny, Axles, Shift Linkage, Chipped ECU

Quoted post[/post]]
$3,700 for LS Bottom End, Ls Rods, New Bearings, Honda P30 Pistons with new rings, ARP head studs, Cosmetic Head Gasket, B16 head, LS/Vtec line kit, Exedy Clutch, B16 tranny, Axles, Shift Linkage, Chipped ECU

is a rip off. what ecu is coming with it? a chipped PR4? What clutch, a stock exedy replacement? I think youre gettin ripped off. its cometic, not cosmetic. what lsvtec line kit, GE or some company we havent heard of?

get more details before you buy at least and yes, replace the stock ls rob BOLTS with ARP's as mentioned above.

Back