1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quickest electric bike

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by Dustin_m, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

2. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

An electric motor is very torquey at 0 rpm. At 1 rpm it drops off heavily. The nice thing about this is that it CAN get a very heavy fly wheel to start turning.

3. nootrac22

nootrac22 Well-Known Member VIP

we have electric warehouse tractors here, simmilar to the tugs used in airports. we switched over from disel to electric a year and a half ago (diesel fumes boo hoo crybabies) and I nearly hit a wall starting out in the electric. I was used to the diesel, which were sluggish to say the least. Mashed the "gas" down on the electric and I wasn't ready for how quick it took off, and well nearly hit the wall.

4. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

In further thought, at 0 rpm we're talking about potential energy. In a belljar, if you took everyone off the power grid and dedicated generation to this motor, then you could have billions of lbs ft "available"

So the batteries, at 750,000 watts will have about 1,000 hp, at 0 rpm. At 1 rpm it drops off dramatically, but still may be high enough to do some damage.

5. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

I just posted a battery powered bike at the drag strip, I wonder if it's the same bike.

As always stuff like this happens with out helmets, he was very lucky he didn't smack his head into the ground.

6. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted