QUIET EXHAUST. Which one is quietest?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
I'm looking to switch to a quieter exhaust.

What I'm running right now:

Headers, 2.25" pipe all the way back, 3" High flow cat, 2.5"x24" resonator, Pro-Flow muffler, and a 3" tip that has some baffling material in it. Kinda hard to 'splain. I have tried as hard as I can to get this exhaust quiet, and it sounds hella good and rumbly with no rasp, BUT.. its still too loud.

I want to keep the 2.25" exhaust and high flow cat. I'd like to get rid of the resonator, and swap the muffler for something SILENT. Or as close to silent as I can get. Quiet and High Flow.

Suggestions?

I'm not looking for a full exhaust, I'm looking for a muffler. I will certainly look into the RSR.

Has anyone put one on a CRX? I know they list it in the parts numbers, but the crx doesn't have as much room for a muffler as a civic or a teggy does. I want to be damned sure it fits.

In my opinion $400 bucks is way too damned much for a muffler....

Originally posted by phyregod@Jul 28 2005, 03:59 PM
I'm not looking for a full exhaust, I'm looking for a muffler. I will certainly look into the RSR.

Has anyone put one on a CRX? I know they list it in the parts numbers, but the crx doesn't have as much room for a muffler as a civic or a teggy does. I want to be damned sure it fits.

In my opinion $400 bucks is way too damned much for a muffler....
[post=532550]Quoted post[/post]​

Phyregod I don't think the muffler is $400 I got my Invidia full cat-back exhaust for that
and that's pretty much RSR. Let me see if I can find something for you.

I had one on an 89 Civic, which is the same thing as a CRX. It fit just like the stock exhaust, even looked exactly like it, only black with a chrome tip. I'm pretty sure you can find just the axle-back, too.

Issaiite...lol

The one you'll want looks like this:
224011_224_full.jpg

Back